Member Section > Reloading

Latest 3D printer SIEVE project

(1/1)

alfsauve:
Never been happy with commercial devices to separate tumbling media.  Ground Walnut hulls in my case.  Tried the big rotary thing.  Tried the sieve top on the tumbler.  None worked to well.

Made a small square sieve and used a $2 pooper scooper which had possibilities but the small size didn't lend it's self to 300+ loads.

Made a large round one that's the size of the opening at the top of the viberator.  Works great.  Easy to pour everything into it without splashing a lot of media about.  Then rotated around a dozen times and voila all the media, and .22lr shells, are in the bowl.  Oh and I use those medical, bedside potty buckets to hold everything.  I might even use the stand rather than set it on my chair.

Being a little prideful.  I think I did good with this design.  Pretty evenly spaced.  Just right number of vertical ribs.   Kudo's to any one who can find the one thing I didn't correct.  And the two colors is because I ran out of filament and my backup roll was a different shade.  And yes the ribs stop before the top on purpose to allow future matting with a large funnel if I want.

PegLeg45:
Good design.
A few more additional steps and you'd also have the makings of a good wet tumbler barrel.

Big Frank:
The second column of ribs is a little shy of the rest, but everything else looks to me like a pro designed it with CAD. Outstanding!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version