Member Section > RAC

(Video) Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions

<< < (2/4) > >>

Taipan:
I can't wait to try one.

+1 for taking the Championships out of CA.

Whittington Center would be a nice venue.  ;D

Rob10ring:
If you take all of the guns and gun events out of California, you give our antis exactly want they want. We need to consistently rub guns and gun owners in their faces, so they see us as something that won't disappear. Events like this reinforce the idea that gunnys are just people and not dangerous. It also is a fantastic opportunity to recruit new shooters and with rimfire, we can especially work on new women shooters. Once we get enough women to shoot, the antis will have a smaller audience.

We have a couple of big Sheriff's races coming up in next year's elections - at least in southern California. They could be huge for the pro-gun movement and will take a huge chunk of wind out of the anti sails.

For the time being, we need to convince the general public in our State that gun owners are positive members of society.

Hazcat:
Sorry, not one more penny should be spent in that state.

MikeBjerum:
I'm torn between taking my guns into the state and rubbing it in their faces refusing to support their economy while they try and limit my Rights. 

As of right now I feel that I should use the same tactic I use with businesses that ban guns:  I will make a point to let them know I was willing to spend money with them, but since they don't want me to I will not.  I will not support their economy, and everytime I do not I will let every business I would have supported know they lost a sale (the range or organization I wanted to visit, the motel I would have stayed at, the airline I normally use, the rental car company and a few eating establishments).

That is my plan as of now.  Now I will wait for a match to not register for and start the letter writing campaign.

Rob10ring:
You could come and only spend money at motels/hotels and restaurants that normally support your gun rights nationwide and make sure that the others don't get your money. We need companies to realize that they may be dependent on gun owners spending their money. Today, my 5 year old asked why we couldn't buy a Sara Lee product and didn't understand that answer.

Sponsor:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version