Member Section > Defense and Tactics

HERE WE GO

<< < (2/3) > >>

MikeBjerum:

--- Quote from: tombogan03884 on September 20, 2020, 07:09:56 PM ---200 year old wood building with in sight of down town, I don't plan on anything I can't have on me.   :-\

--- End quote ---

I don't care where we live or what we live in, we all need to live and prepare like Tom.

bulldog75:
I live about 100 miles from any major city. Few small towns within driving distance. Added some more farm animals to the mix. Picked up a little more food and put it in buckets. I get the buckets from a local deli that sells them to me for 1 dollar. Already have guns and ammo.

If major rioting starts and it appears to be spreading to the country I have stocked motion activated solar flood lights as a early warning system, window alarms as a early warning system also. The window alarms from Lowes will be placed in the yard like trip flares we used in the military. The combination of lights and noise I hope will be a deterrent. I have several dogs also. Picked up barbed wire. If they try to climb my fence it will become a deterrent.

I picked up some advanced medical training. I added several tourniquets to my medical bags. Trained my family on basic first aid. I took a old Gerber pouch and put a RATTS tourniquet on my belt and carry it every day.

les snyder:
I shot 3 gun pretty seriously between 1995 and 2015 and invested in some pretty good optics,  targets occasionally out to 418m, and have good confidence in the firearms, especially the 16" mid with a TA31F ACOG with bullet drop ranging with stadia lines...with an 8mm exit pupil, gives me pretty good low light vision also...I get around 1" at 100yd with Australian Outback 69 Sierras...Trijicon RMR2 on the G17 in the Recover Tactical brace is better than any tritium night sight...TA01 ACOG on the Mk18....  the other ARs have dot scopes...

still staying with my decision to switch from 5.56 to 9mm for the truck.. will play this by ear if problems should escalate ... I have a couple of short barreled options

the G43x is IWB any time I'm outside...

I shoot a couple times a week, .22lr for the indoor range, and some hand load JHPs that fit the profile of the carry ammo in the G43x... 100 low ready or one shot draws from each

still may look into a PVS14 night vision monocle though they may be unobtanium... there are enough constant on home security lights presently in the neighborhood that an inexpensive set of 12x50 Tasco binoculars
gives some improved vision without pointing a rifle at anyone

as with most of the members, I'm too old to be intimidated in voting against what I believe... regards

Rastus:
There's  only a couple of roads in and out of here.  All dirt/gravel roads.  We'll cut down a few trees a little bit past the asphalt.  We won't be worth the effort...they'll either have dust or mud on their vehicles.  If they persist...they have to get out and move the trees....maybe an unsafe act since they'll be across at points of dropoffs of 40-100' straight down. 

tombogan03884:
Look who's posting in this thread .
All older, many veterans, many medical issues, much knowledge.
When the shit hits the fan we ain't doing shit except giving orders and direction to the youngsters who don't know where else to turn.  ;D
That will keep us busy enough.   ;D

Sponsor:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version