Author Topic: Any Favorite FN 5.7 x 28 mm Reload Recipes?  (Read 6093 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Any Favorite FN 5.7 x 28 mm Reload Recipes?
« on: December 21, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »
Just in case I get the time, I hope to pull out some reloading equip. and dies and load some 5.7 x 28 mm rounds.  I've got some 40 gr Hornady V-Max, 30 gr. flat base Berger moly-coats and 40 gr. flat base Berger moly-coats to load up.  So...if anyone has some pet loads for the Five SeveN or PS-90 I'd appreciate a tip or two. 

Also...I wonder if the moly bullets will mimic SS190 round performance?  Not much information out there since the "Brady Bunch" wants to ban this round...hence me poking around for some information on cartridge recipe's because the manufacturers aren't developing the round. 

I'm planning on loading for plinkers and personal defense rounds.

MB had a good radio show on the 5.7 on the show numbered 11-mb062007 ... starting about 20 minutes into the show.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Any Favorite FN 5.7 x 28 mm Reload Recipes?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 12:57:18 PM »
Have been trying to get into WW reloading site to no avail.  If I do maybe I can get you some.  Unless you have info from that site.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 01:19:09 PM »
How do you like your FN?
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 01:44:55 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to treat those cases like rifle cases?  ( triming, deburing and etc)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
How do you like your FN?

Really kewl.  If you haven't you should listen to MB's podcast ( 11-mb062007 )about it.  Shoots well, no jams with over 500 rounds, accurate and ....fast.  The bullet is supposed to be a manstopper (see MP's podcast about 20 minutes into it) but it definitely does not overpenetrate.....which I think is good for home defense.

For the PS-90....it would be something to use for home defense or getting "tactical" with varmints in the fruit trees.

The Five SeveN may be the ideal pistol for a woman...not much recoil and plenty of rounds. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:07:21 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 06:09:17 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to treat those cases like rifle cases?  ( triming, deburing and etc)

Trimmed & deburred.  Length is critical and...it's suggested to use flat based bullets so you have to bell the mouth to move a lot of product..

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »
Finally got on to the WW reloading site but can't find any data under rifle or pistol that might help.  Sorry!  Have a good holiday season.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 12:03:35 PM »
BTW, the WW site also includes info for IMR and Hodgdon powder also or visa versa.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk