Author Topic: LCP pocket carry ?  (Read 14264 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: LCP pocket carry ?
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 07:45:05 AM »
I'm leery of the tape on a heavier gun. Have you tried it on a 1911, or full sized revolver ?
Does it seem secure enough on the LCP ?

The Clipdraw doesn't use tape on proper pistols like the Glock.  ;D ;D

They send a replacement end plate for the slide with two hex screw attachments. They made it reversible for FQ too.

I've not used it on my 1911 since it is the Upstairs House Gun.

The tape has held up fine on the LCP.  The hex screws have needed tightening a few times but you notice the looseness long before it falls off.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 07:54:54 AM »
Afraid of catching "Plaxicoitis"? ;D Seriously, the absence of a triger safety doesn't worry me. The solution to that is easy. I don't see anything to snag it from an uhosltered IWB carry as long as the booger hook is where it should be, eg, far from the trigger. Thanks for the report, I will look at it a bit more. The G-26 is a bit heavier than the LCP, about 24 oz loaded, but still not all that heavy. This might be a nice option. Do you use a De Santis by any chance? I was wondering if you could fit it into one clip and all.
FQ13

What worried me with the G23 was that you needed to do some manipulation of the clipdraw to get it over your pants and belt...even more to get it between your pants and belt.  This was not a big deal standing up, but if you had to leave it in your car, it was much more cumbersome and, to me, risky to do seated.

I use a Crimson Trace laser on the LCP I have the Clipdraw installed and I use the model of DeSantis that is tailored for the laser.  I  holster it with the Clipdraw inside the holster with no problems.  Should you decide to remove the Cllipdraw, you might have stretched your holster a bit and made the fit looser.  Just an observation, nothing I  have experienced.

I have a laser and Clipdraw for my second LCP but  have not installed them and use the standard DeSantis holster for it.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »
I'm personally not comfortable with having anything else in or clipped to my pocket when using a pocket holster. I have 2 different holsters I use, depending on pants. I use a leather Desantis model with small or normal pockets then I have a synthetic model, I don't remember the brand, that also has a spare mag pouch built in. This one works better for cargo or square bottomed pants pockets or larger pockets where the smaller one moves around too much. I'm a lefty so whatever choice I use is in my left front pocket. My knife is always in the back left pocket. I've carried a knife in the same place for about 30 years, long before pocket carry of a pistol. I had to start carrying my wallet in my right front instead of the left once I started pocket carry. I'm thinking of moving the pistol to the right front since it's rarely the only pistol I'm carrying. I've also got a nice little pocket organizer that holds my flashlight, a mag for my main pistol and my LCP and my phone. It fits nicely in a cargo pocket if I don't want anything on my belt for whatever reason.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
I have wondered about the clips. Glad to see something in reference to it. I would rather prefer a holster for the firearm. I had a friend who had a clip on a KelTec. Ugly as hell but he liked it.

DerekA1024

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »
  I have a Kahr CW9, a XD9 Subcompact and a LCP for carry, I almost always carry the LCP.  You can actually use your change pocket in your jeans and cargo pants/shorts to holster it.  It will slide in very easy but is snug enough that you are not worried it will fall out.  It is perfect!  just deep enough to get it all the way to the back of trigger gaurd.  Very easy to pull, just slide your thumb in and grab.  You may even have room for your knife in the main pocket. ;)

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:34:23 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »
I carry my LCP in a "under the belt" holster.  Clipped to my pants material and not to my belt if I happen to be wearing a belt.  It allows the gun to stay /move in more comftorble position when going from sitting / standing a lot.  I put it behind my right front pant pocket.  Comfy enough that I sometimes have to think.  Did I wear it today?  And if a teeny bulge of is visible through the shorts / jeans / whatever, it's right where key's or anything else in the pant pocket would be.  NO WAY anyones figuring out what it is.  Almost the whole gun fits down in the "Uncle Mike's" holster.  To draw it I hook my finger on the magazine lip to start pulling it out, then I can get the rest of my hand on it.  It's faster than behind the back for me.  And short of putting it between your butt cheeks...  I don't think there's a more "concealed" way to carry when wearing light summer cloths.   ;D

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
I carry my LCP in a Sam Andrews Pocket Holster to which I've added a piece of contoured kydex that breaks up the grip outline, and pivots forward when you insert you hand on the grip... since retirement, I carry any time I leave the house, and have moved my Benchmade Axis Lock to the weak side

jack007

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
I carry the ruger lcp and most of the time I carry in the right front pocket in a pocket holster.I have moved my knife to the left front pocket so it wont interfere with drawing the pistol .

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 04:46:35 AM »
I carry a small flashlight clipped to the left front pocket so when I carry the LCP in my right front pocket the knife goes to the right rear pocket and even somtimes when I holster carry something bigger.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk