Author Topic: Here's a funny story......  (Read 2747 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Here's a funny story......
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »
Yesterday a retired gun dealer friend of mine was given a S&W AR15 by an old customer of his who asked him to sight in a newly attached 'scope for him.

The customer also supplied 3 or 4 boxes of .223Rem for the task.

My friend arrived at the range and proceeded to attempt the job, but the rounds would not chamber fully. After many attempts and chamber cleanings....still no luck. He took the rifle to a nearby gunsmith and asked him to look for a problem.

After a short time, the solution came to light - if you'd like to try to work the answer out for yourself, I'll post it in the next 'reply' to this topic.

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Here's a funny story......
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »
The rifle was chambered in 5.45 x 39...........I sure didn't know they made one!
Best Wishes, Mike.

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »
The rifle was chambered in 5.45 x 39...........I sure didn't know they made one!

SW AR15r, got 'em down at the Academy for 900 bucks.  Ammo's 130 dollars for 1100 rounds.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
"SW AR15r, got 'em down at the Academy for 900 bucks.  Ammo's 130 dollars for 1100 rounds."

Wow!..............maybe I need an upper... :-\
Best Wishes, Mike.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »
Most people aren't impressed with the 5.56 NATO but the 5.45x39mm is even less powerful.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:55:41 AM »

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
I too consider the 5.56 barely adequate for current military use, but as a "get you back to the ranch" carbine round - I think it's almost ideal. That Russian round (at that price) may be a great deal for practice though???
Best Wishes, Mike.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 07:12:41 AM »
Evil Black "Plinking Round"..... ;D
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 12:01:44 PM »
Centerfire companion for .22LR.
Cheap, fun, and death on squirrels  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk