Author Topic: Spinning Bullet On Ice Video. Someone Explain This Please...  (Read 2859 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Spinning Bullet On Ice Video. Someone Explain This Please...
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »
The larger question is this:
Does living somewhere that cold make you stupid, or do you just have to be stupid to live somewhere that cold to begin with? Hosers! ;D
FQ13 who will offer a topic. Ice fishing, discuss amongst yourselves. ;D

Have you ever seen the inside of a "Bobhouse", especially some of the newer ones.
Makes the corner look shabby .     ;D

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:12 AM »

Have you ever seen the inside of a "Bobhouse", especially some of the newer ones.
Makes the corner look shabby .     ;D

Hell, they make my house look shabby.  Nothing "shanty" about them.
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 08:24:45 AM »
Hey, hey!  Having lived in MI 15 years I can tell you ice fishing is actually a LOT of fun!  So long as you've got a shanty and a heater in it.  ;)  You can look down in the hole and see all the way to the bottom of the lake no matter how deep it is (the sun shines through the ice enough to make it brighter in the water than it is in any well sealed shanty).  Jigging for perch actually reminded me a lot of playing the carnival game we all played as little kids where you had a magnet on the end of you rod and pulled up a duck with a prize marker on it. ;D ;D ;D   That along with the beer, camp food made on a little single burner stove, and all the BS stories you could stand to hear...  It's GREAT!

Then some canadian dink accidentally shoots you with his 9mil! ::)

What did Foxworthy say about this? "You sit in a box in the middle of  a frozen lake, build a fire on the ice, and you call Southerners stupid?"
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

rat31465

• Jack of all Trades, Master of none.
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »
With a bullet spinning at nearly a half a million RPM's...it's feasable that this could happen...Ice having little friction and resistence...but I agree with statement that while you wouldn't see cut rifling engraved into the bullet since this was fired from a glock...you would still see how the polygonal rifling upset the shape of the bullet. 
May be time to call out the Mythbusters to test this one out.
"Get yourself a Glock and Lose that Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol."
Sam Gerard

GTnCFL

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »
Did anybody else notice that the shots were not very loud, but you could hear the last bullet spinning.  What kind of loads do you not need ear protection for?

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:17:45 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk