Author Topic: bacon explosion  (Read 12393 times)

bjtraz

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: bacon explosion
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
I'm gonna have to post the pork wrapped, pork stuffed, pork recipe!

Can you say ............... REDUNDANT! ;D

Brian
NRA & NAHC Life Member, American Legion

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

Brian

Hey, we resemble that remark.   ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

BAC

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »

Brian

You can say that again!

robheath

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at the picture...but I just sent the wife to the store for BACON and fresh saucage.
Give me liberty or I'll get my guns and get it myself.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 07:27:51 AM »
Pig-Wrapped Pig-Stuffed Pig

2 tablespoons fennel seed

1 tablespoon salt

2 large oranges (finely minced zest and juice, used separately)

1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch chunks

1 cup orange marmalade

2 pork tenderloins, about 1 1/2 pounds each, each sliced in thirds (3 pieces, about 4 inches long each), butterflied and pounded to about 1/4 inch thick

10 to 12 ounces pancetta, sliced thin (24 to 30 slices)

To watch Jim Webster make his dish, go to mariobatali.com/grillingcontest.

To make the orange-fennel sausage: Heat a dry skillet. Toast the fennel seed for about 3 to 4 minutes. Keep pan moving to keep seeds from burning. Run the toasted fennel seeds through a spice mill to grind. Toss the fennel seed, salt and orange zest with the pork shoulder chunks. Run through a meat grinder. (Substitute 1 1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage to eliminate this step.)

To make the glaze: In a small saucepan, combine orange juice and marmalade. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes, or until you are ready for it at the grill.

To assemble the meat rolls: Take 4 to 6 slices of pancetta (depending on the size of your butterflied pieces of tenderloin), and lay them out on a work surface, overlapping the edges slightly. Put a piece of tenderloin on top of the pancetta. The tenderloin should extend a little beyond the pancetta on the sides. Place 3 ounces of sausage down the center of the tenderloin. Fold the ends of the tenderloin up. Get your fingers under the pancetta on one of the sides, and pull the pancetta and tenderloin up to cover the sausage. Roll the package over the rest of the way. These can go straight to the grill, or be individually wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.

To grill: Preheat grill. For gas grill, turn three burners on high until grill is about 400 degrees, then turn off the middle burner and leave the outside burners on high. For a charcoal grill, set up for indirect heat cooking.

When grill is hot, put the meat over the middle burner. Cook covered for about 5 minutes, then turn 1/2 turn. After 5 more minutes, brush glaze on meat and turn 1/4 turn. After another 5 minutes, baste with more glaze and turn 1/2 turn.

Monitor temperature of the biggest piece. When the internal temperature gets to about 135 degrees, take roll off the grill and baste with more glaze. Allow to rest about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Leftover glaze can be used as a sauce.

Serves 8 to 12.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:34:04 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »
Perfect Haz!

Now I have one to serve my high class friends and one to serve the rednecks in the neighborhood  ;D

Let's see ... They filled the barn in late February ... I should be able to crank these out come ... Just In TimeForJuly 4th!!!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk