Author Topic: Dad's Potato Soup  (Read 12288 times)

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: Dad's Potato Soup
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 01:02:04 PM »
My friends, like bacon, you can never have too much butter.   ;D

What is that noise?
Ah yes, a gentle clogging of the arteries as we speak.

(butter is probably better for you than margarine)

Amen Peg!!!!   ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 11:28:20 AM »
another Zombie thread for posting.

What is a cube of butter?

cube of butter is a quarter of a stick of butter, that is to say 1oz. If you cut the stick in half and then half again you will see why it is called a cube of butter! As a rough guide 2 tablespoons equals 1 cube.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:13 AM »
Just rolled over to 8 AM.  Is it wrong to want spud soup fer breakfast?   ;D
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 07:32:49 AM »
Not a big soup fan here, and especially of creamy soups, so it's doubtful I will ever try this unless someone else makes it for me.

However, what with the butter, bacon and cheddar cheese, this sounds like something I'll have to figure out how to propose for our Friday Men's Fraternity breakfasts. We already consume mass quantities of butter in our cooking and cheesy scrambled eggs, and as for bacon - you would not believe the uproar when we substituted sausages for bacon - 1 time! Our bacon is like mini pork chops - thick cut, lean and peppered.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 08:22:05 AM »
Not a big soup fan here, and especially of creamy soups, so it's doubtful I will ever try this unless someone else makes it for me.

However, what with the butter, bacon and cheddar cheese, this sounds like something I'll have to figure out how to propose for our Friday Men's Fraternity breakfasts. We already consume mass quantities of butter in our cooking and cheesy scrambled eggs, and as for bacon - you would not believe the uproar when we substituted sausages for bacon - 1 time! Our bacon is like mini pork chops - thick cut, lean and peppered.

I think I see the problem!!!   You need to make it an addition to the meal.  Everyone will be happy.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:53:55 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk