Author Topic: SIG556 vs Ruger SR556  (Read 19602 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: SIG556 vs Ruger SR556
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 03:32:19 AM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217491833

This shop by me has "The Other" Sig 556, the 516. I'm not sure of the price. It seems a bit high for a piston AR-15. Not trying to Hi-Jack, but has anyone handled and or shot one of these rifles?  Bill T.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 03:51:49 PM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217491833

This shop by me has "The Other" Sig 556, the 516. I'm not sure of the price. It seems a bit high for a piston AR-15. Not trying to Hi-Jack, but has anyone handled and or shot one of these rifles?  Bill T.

They added more "traditional AR hardware, receiver, bolt, fwd. assist. dust cover, etc,.."

Fondled but did not shoot the 516, seemed they lightened up the fore end a bit than the 556.(which comes in around 9lbs.) For the price billt, you could "build yourself a damn top shelf AR cheaper, and pick and choose the components along the way.

8) (Worked for me)....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
If you want a "regular" AR in a piston configuration you'd be much better off buying a PWS. They're cheaper than the 516 and proven. If you have more disposable income then buy a POF. You can't get any better but a bit rich for me. You can get the complete PWS for less than most POF uppers.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk