Author Topic: Down Range Radio Special Edition - Ruger LCP Q&A's  (Read 38212 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Down Range Radio Special Edition - Ruger LCP Q&A's
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »

Take a listen here:

http://www.downrange.tv/radio/49.htm

and come back for comments.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Down Range Radio Special Edition - Ruger LCP Q&A's
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »
I like that it does NOT have a mag disconnect safety as my (brand x) 380 has on occaison popped the mag in my pocket.

I am a little disappointed in the answer on the +P.  How come other MFGs will state "+P rated" but Ruger can't/won't?

Also tell them they need to make a double action .22 revolver!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
I didn't hear anything about a mag extension (like Pierce for Glocks). Just to get your pinky on the gun.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

a1abob

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 02:59:45 PM »
I sorry you didn't talk about the trigger pull, everyone I talk to says that 8lbs seems a little stiff.  I'm waiting for the one I ordered, stiff trigger pull or not.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »
I sorry you didn't talk about the trigger pull, everyone I talk to says that 8lbs seems a little stiff.  I'm waiting for the one I ordered, stiff trigger pull or not.

The look-alike has a similar death grip trigger pull, explained as a safety feature. As they are commonly carried in pockets or inside waistbands, the manufacturer wants you to be ABSOLUTELY certain that you want it to go off, and not when you are just re-arraigning the ballroom, so to speak...

Mine never lightened up, but it has smoothed out and the very long trigger pull becomes routine.
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:13:24 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 09:01:14 PM »
The look-alike has a similar death grip trigger pull, explained as a safety feature. As they are commonly carried in pockets or inside waistbands, the manufacturer wants you to be ABSOLUTELY certain that you want it to go off, and not when you are just re-arraigning the ballroom, so to speak...

Mine never lightened up, but it has smoothed out and the very long trigger pull becomes routine.
Mac.

Yep, same with my 'brand X'. 
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »
SAAMI doesn't spec a +P .380 load; no publicly traded company can say their gun is rated for "+P" in the absence of a nationally acccepted standard. The Buffalo Bore guys know what they're doing, but you need to understand that when you step outside of national pressure standards, you are on your own!

I was one of the guys who hammered out the .38 Super (and the first "Major 9mm")back in the early days of USPSA...bottom line, we blew up guns. We all came to respect Mr. Pressure.

Regarding the BB .380 — which is, as near as I can tell, the only .380 out there described as "+P." My advice would be use it sparingly. Practice with ball!

RE: Trigger...mine's fine, as has been the trigger pull of all the ones I've shot. Don;t know what the weights are, but they're all pretty smooth. I'm not sure I would want a lighter trigger pull on a pocket pistol!

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

P. Plainsman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 10:18:31 PM »
Jeff Quinn reported a rather good trigger on his test LCP -- smooth and under six pounds, as I recall.

I wouldn't want to go into 4-lb. range, but six pounds sounds about right for such a light gun (better than eight).

We'll see.  I'm gonna wait a few months for y'all DR viewers/listeners to beta test these critters  ;), and unless you report serious dissatisfaction I'll probably pop for one myself then.  They look nice, price is reasonable, and I can just imagine too many uses for such a small flat gun.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 06:25:38 AM »

Regarding the BB .380 — which is, as near as I can tell, the only .380 out there described as "+P." My advice would be use it sparingly. Practice with ball!

I had actually thought about doing this, practicing with Win white box, blazer or similar, but carry BB. Pop a few BB downrange just have the feel, but keep the load on the gun light until it really matters.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »
When I talk to "Joe" at Ruger last week he stated that they tried +P ammo in the little critter and found that CorBon was a little had to handle and that it really was nor made for +P (See MB's reply) and to just load it with +P ammo when going to use it for defensive times only. Also see my post concerning +P ammo in LCP.
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk