Author Topic: Cleaning out the DVR...Just Watched the Tombstone episode  (Read 4780 times)

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cleaning out the DVR...Just Watched the Tombstone episode
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
Great episode!  Good perspective, not to heavy on the romance while not entirely dispelling the mythical aspects.

Keep up the great work and stick to the hour long format. 

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Cleaning out the DVR...Just Watched the Tombstone episode
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »
I particularly liked the interview with the guy who scripted and directs the "re-creation" of the gunfight. I had heard (never seen personally tho) that the previous crews doing the re-enactment were hardly appropriate. I had heard of a 300# Doc Holiday and the referenced long white haired Wyatt Earp.

Glad they changed that. Also a nice touch to humanize the McLaury's and Clantons a bit, even though they (IMHO) were on the wrong side. History needs to be fully fleshed out, but not Doc Holliday.   ::)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
We LOVED doing the Tombstone show! Next season, Bonnie & Clyde, with Frank Hamer expert Steven Hunter helping out!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:12:28 AM »
We LOVED doing the Tombstone show! Next season, Bonnie & Clyde, with Frank Hamer expert Steven Hunter helping out!

Michael B

+1 gazillion!!!!!!!!!!

I like the story of Hamer as a kid helping catch a fleeing bank robber IIRC, He heard about the robbery on the phone and that the robber was heading in his family's homestead's general direction. Hamer knew the only water hole around (the BG was horseback), grabbed a rifle, and went out and caught the BG for the Sheriff. This at the age of 14.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
As a side note on Hamer (since future ideas have been mentioned), Mas Ayoob wrote a neat piece that had some focus on Hamer in the March/April issue of American Handgunner's Ayoob Files column.

http://www.americanhandgunner.com/digital-editions/

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/AmericanHandgunner/AHMA12/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:43:34 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk