Author Topic: Crock Pot Brisket, Tx style  (Read 8777 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Crock Pot Brisket, Tx style
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
I don't get around very well anymore and can't get out to the grill or smoker, so I have been working on using the crock pot for most of my cooking. I tried this sunday and was digging it, I like spicy hot, and this is, for less spicy palates, cut the chipotle in half.

4 lb brisket, hopefully with some fat. Salt and pepper heavily, sear in skillet, both sides until good crust and color, place in prewarmed crock pot, then pour in one can of Herdez chipotles in adobo sauce + 1 can water. Then add 2 cloves garlic rough chopped. Put the lid on and cook at high or low, depending on when you want to eat. When you can twist a fork in it, done. Serve with good Pinto beans and cold potato salad.

Next time I will use half the peppers and some brown sugar, for the more light hearted folks.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Crock Pot Brisket, Tx style
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »
Thanks, m25..will give it a try.

Doing more and more of my cooking in a crock pot too.   Sort of nice to be cooking dinner while I'm reading, watching TV or catching up here.  ;D ;D

Take care
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:33:23 PM »
Sounds like a winner!!!

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »
Another bonus is not heating up the house, good deal when it is over a 100 degrees outside.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »
Sounds great Benny!

One thing, after searing off the beef, don't forget to deglaze the skillet to get all those wonderful bits and goodies!  It only takes a bit of water or stock...

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:00:34 AM »

v1rot8

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »
Great dinner idea. Will enjoy this weekend.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »
As long as we are talking Crock Pots, here is the best tip I was ever given on Crock Pot Cooking

http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/product.asp?prod_id=3200

These liners go up over the top of the pot and keep all the stuff inside the liner.  When it is done, fish out the big parts, lift out the liner and pour the rest into your container.

The whole liner then goes in the trash.  Crock Pot clean up is just a soap and warm water swish and rinse.

Find them with other oven bags in the grocery store.   3 to a box.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

v1rot8

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 05:55:49 AM »
Will try the brisket this weekend. I also became a believer of the liners. Inexpensive and sure makes clean up easy.

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »
Hey, Solus, thanks for the tip re the liners. Never heard of them myself, but my wife does all the crock pot cookin' and I'll mention it to her. She's so old fashioned, but just may go for it. Modern me, well I'll just mosey out to the north 40 with my sidelock smoke pot and see about some venison. Maybe sit by the smoker later and see if I can improve my brisket recipe to compete with wifey's properly lined m25 crockpot version. Oh yeah, beats worrying about the election.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk