Author Topic: Feel silly asking...  (Read 6010 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Feel silly asking...
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:12 PM »
...BUT I'll ask anyway.  Just need some prayer for perseverance at work and in the search for a new job.  Heading down to Kalifornia to fix someone else's problem (leaving mine in somewhat capable hands but it ain't the same) and I am really struggling with the feedback/attitude I am getting from upper management in general let alone this assignment.  Dreading this week already and I don't fly out until tomorrow morning...

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
He who dares wins.  SAS

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Feel silly asking...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:28:51 AM »
Done.. (and don't feel silly about asking..  :))
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 02:18:01 AM »
+1 on what SH said...

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
Magoo, this is why we have this thread, never any harm, if anyone laughs, you are not going to hear them any way, if 20 or 30 of us pray, something good is bound to come. Good luck brother.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »
Done....if it makes you feel any better, you can buy us all a beer  :D :D :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:22:13 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »
Magoo, this is why we have this thread, never any harm, if anyone laughs, you are not going to hear them any way, if 20 or 30 of us pray, something good is bound to come. Good luck brother.

+1

And done.

The fact that I am even breathing is a testament to what prayer can do.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »
Thanks for the prayers, need to spend some time in Proverbs once my back quits hurting.  Took some beer...er pain medicine for it and its starting to kick in.  I am feeling better about my situation, not that I like it but I've come to accept it and I'm just here to do my best.
He who dares wins.  SAS

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:26 AM »
Magoo,

What is the latest?  I am sorry, but I missed this until just now.  I will pray for the best for all for you, but it would be great to be able to pray specifics.

You talked of getting into Proverbs when you get back.  Something I try to do and I advise a lot, in fact I just gave the advise to a group of youth in a Catechism class I lead last month, is that by reading one chapter each per day (they are short and can be done one in the morning and one in the evening), and jotting down a simple truth that speaks to you to carry in your pocket for the day, you can read the entire book of Proverbs once a month and the book of the Psalms twice a year.  A lot of wisdom, comfort and praise in those two books.  Throw in the book of Ecclesiastes and its 12 chapters and you will have God's assurance and comfort in your day to day business life. 

You will be amazed at how this study pattern affects your life.  Those down times when stupid things that get us in trouble come to mind will begin to be filled with God's word and wisdom.

Hang in there, and know that we have your back!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
Magoo,

What is the latest?  I am sorry, but I missed this until just now.  I will pray for the best for all for you, but it would be great to be able to pray specifics.

You talked of getting into Proverbs when you get back.  Something I try to do and I advise a lot, in fact I just gave the advise to a group of youth in a Catechism class I lead last month, is that by reading one chapter each per day (they are short and can be done one in the morning and one in the evening), and jotting down a simple truth that speaks to you to carry in your pocket for the day, you can read the entire book of Proverbs once a month and the book of the Psalms twice a year.  A lot of wisdom, comfort and praise in those two books.  Throw in the book of Ecclesiastes and its 12 chapters and you will have God's assurance and comfort in your day to day business life. 

You will be amazed at how this study pattern affects your life.  Those down times when stupid things that get us in trouble come to mind will begin to be filled with God's word and wisdom.

Hang in there, and know that we have your back!

+1

Several other short books that can be read in short readings over a week, and that really offer support in several ways are, 1 Peter, 1 Timothy, and Ephesians. I read these a lot, along with Proverbs and Psalms.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »
One would think that work would have a different look to it once you finished a Management course especially when the employer has spent $8000 out of pocket reimbursing said employee.  I have found that work has become a little more hostile, or at least my interactions with management and the assignments I've been given, like this trip to San Jose for someone else's project.  I'm dealing with it, spending downtime looking for a new job, even applied for one today-a business analyst for a steel company.  I fly home tomorrow and have at least one place a mile from my house that I need to drop a resume off at for a Machine Shop Supervisor but that will have to wait until next week.

On a spiritual note I read through and pondered the first 6 chapters of Proverbs Tuesday night.  Some insight, some enlightenment but the biggest surprise was the truths in Proverbs I found to be true through the school of hard knocks.  I always fall back on James 1:2-6 when times get rough.
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk