Author Topic: no new show this week  (Read 6878 times)

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
no new show this week
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:40:35 AM »
drat!
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Motodeficient

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: no new show this week
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
Yep, I was looking forward to MB helping talk us through the madness that is happening this week.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »

Hey folks!

I am about to publish an announcement about this week's radio show, but here's the short version.

There will be one, but it will be aired from Friday afternoon.

We are working with the industry and the organizations in terms of responses and comments about the current situation we're in and we have been doing that since it all started. More later....

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:40:20 AM »
Thanks.  I'm glad this is being carefully thought through.  On a related note, I'm glad to see the NRA laying low for a bit, since this should be a time of national mourning.  Let the libs do what they do best... rant out of emotion.  Let them be perceived as off-balance and reactionary.
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." - Edward Abbey

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:14 AM »
Laying low is a horrible idea.
You have given the enemy a full week to grab the initiative and turn a mental health issue into a debate on gun control.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:01:39 AM »

oldkat69

• Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 10:10:47 AM »
 ???  I hate to be a contrarian, but are why are we leaving the field to the enemies of Liberty?

The talking heads are reporting that the NRA has run away with its tail between its legs.

The Left always teaches control the language, control the argument, win the day.

As Mayor Nutter said on MSNBC last night we just need to give up a little freedom for security like we did after 911.

My apologies to Ben Franklin.

As things develop it looks like sheep dogs and sheep doggettes are the answer in the schools.

Apparently works in Utah.  Teaching certificate + CCW certificate = safer public schools since 1996 (last Utah school murder).
                                     (suicides dont count)

If Michael has other reasons, my apologies.

On a happier note the liberal mouth dribble seems to be rinning out.  The reaction here in Missouri is too tell people not directly

affected to quit sniveling and get back to protecting our God given rights.  Louis Gohmert for President!
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

oldkat69

• Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:26 AM »
You have given the enemy a full week to grab the initiative and turn a mental health issue into a debate on gun control.

:o Amen Brother!

I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
I hope you're right.  But I can see a tactical advantage to letting them spew their emotional rants and burn out, and then our industry respond with a strong, reasoned and unified message.  I'm not saying to bow out of the fight, just maneuver for the attack.
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." - Edward Abbey

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »

I have dealt with similar situations both here in the US and in Europe for the last 20 years. On many occasions, I've in a position being  between victims of violent crime and gun owners or between government officials and shooting organizations. One thing I have learned from all this is: History always repeats itself in terms of emotional and immediate reactions that both sides of the aisle wish they could take back when things settle down.

So far this week, I have witnessed reactions and commentaries that I personally would like to respond to immediately. Then new facts come along and I am glad I didn't.

Immediately after a crisis like this, we are all overwhelmed with information, false, correct, good or bad. An early reaction or commentary from us would drown in the mix. Our final decision was to communicate with NSSF, NRA and others and hold off until Friday.

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Keep the faith MB
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk