Author Topic: Federal - S.150 (113th) - Assault Weapons Ban of 2013  (Read 5315 times)

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Federal - S.150 (113th) - Assault Weapons Ban of 2013
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »
S.150
Latest Title: A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 1/24/2013)      Cosponsors (17)
Latest Major Action: 1/24/2013 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.uscongress/legislation.113s150

The bill's text is not available at the time of this posting.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Federal - S.150 (113th)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:36:48 AM »
S.150
Latest Title: A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 1/24/2013)      Cosponsors (17)
Latest Major Action: 1/24/2013 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.uscongress/legislation.113s150

The bill's text is not available at the time of this posting.

That can also found in dictionaries as the second definition for infringement  >:(

Shy doesn't she just say I don't like the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, but since I can't get rid of it I will just gut it?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:24:50 PM »
FrankenFeinstein's bill has been posted....... thanks to David Codrea for the link.

Feinstein gun ban bill draft now online

A draft of the much-anticipated "assault weapon" ban bill authored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein was posted online this afternoon in advance of it's posting on the Library of Congress THOMAS legislative database site. Gun Rights Examiner has received a copy and posted it on the SCRIBD document archive site.

That is necessary because at this writing, searching for the bill on the THOMAS site retrieves a message that "The text of S.150 has not yet been received from GPO Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from the Government Printing Office a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate.

http://www.examiner.com/article/feinstein-gun-ban-bill-draft-now-online

The text of the bill....(all 122 pages of it):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122212105/S-150
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
And, of course, the two MD senators are listed as co-sponsors.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:41:18 PM »
And, of course, the two MD senators are listed as co-sponsors.

That's fine.  I have a note ready to send to them:

I am a member of a 1000 strong shooting club, one of at least a dozen that I can think of in MD.  Our members each know at least two non-member shooters and they each know at least one more, I'm sure the numbers are similar at the other clubs.  Your sponsorship of the outright attack on our Constitutional Rights means you do not represent us and we will be more than happy to find another person to better represent us when you are up for re-election soon.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Sponsor

Re: Federal - S.150 (113th) - Assault Weapons Ban of 2013
« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:40:39 AM »

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
The THOMAS text has finally been posted for this bill.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 10:37:52 PM »
If it passes it will fall the first time it's challenged .
The Supreme Court has already ruled the 2nd A to be limited.
But it protects weapons with military utility for militia use not hunting or sporting weapons.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=307&invol=174

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 11:42:52 PM »
The CRS Summary is now available for this bill.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk