Author Topic: Tactical Knife class  (Read 7256 times)

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tactical Knife class
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:44:13 PM »
Just took a Tactical Knife Options course and I can say it gave me another tool for the tool box. I was impressed with using a knife in CQ. When someone say's don't bring a knife to a gun fight - I may disagree, to a point. If you get a chance to attend on doit.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Tactical Knife class
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:43:14 AM »
If MB would offer a chance at a TKC I just might have to enter and try to win it even though I am a bone creeking 66 years old.  Never heard of one being held close enough for me to attend.  Sounds interesting.

Richard

PS:  Or a tactical cane course hint hint!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 09:02:57 AM »
You got me by 9 yrs. and Tactical Cane class sounds interesting. For those that use walkers how about a Tactical Walker class ::), the possibilities are almost endless.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »
Frosty, I don't really need a cane but I sometimes use a cane or walking stick/staff while hiking.  If I had some training it would be an option in places where CC is illegal!

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 11:13:41 PM »
ellis4538 aka: Richard,
Yea, I was just goofin with you since you said cane usage, there are times I need a cane when the nerve in my back gets pinched & I walk like a cripple. What you need is a cane/walking stick like they had back in the old days in England (remember them? just goofin). One which concealed a sword/knife attached to the handle hidden within the body of the cane. When someone threatened you, you pulled the sword/knife out of the cane & defended yourself. I attached a link to what the Inst. has to offer, you may have to copy & paste it. A brief video review of the Stab to Slash attack with all seven lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsd0cu_F8lI

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:36:30 PM »

Dynamik1

• Editor, EDC Knife Reviews
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 11:30:37 AM »
Just curious, where did you take the class? What organization taught it?
Real-world, real-user reviews if fine Every Day Carry (EDC) knives.

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
I took the class at BluCore shooting center, given by Jeff Black. Here is some info. & links you can check on. Hope this is what you are looking for and helps you. He is in the Denver metro area, I believe he also does classes in C. Springs but won't swear on that.

Owner of Emergency Survival Responses, Developer of Tactical Knife Options, Vice-President of the Association of Arrest Control Trainers (AACT).  I beleive in promoting training, development and a warrior mindset amongst LE professional.

Portfolio:http://cqctactics.wix.com/jeff-black

Company Site:www.esr-black.com

Association: www.co-aact.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk