Author Topic: What can we learn from Boston??  (Read 9147 times)

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What can we learn from Boston??
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:56:34 AM »
Short of do not go to town, stay out of crowds, and we need to make sure that Congress does not want to start registering pressure canners (preppers just made the list again), what are the lessons?

FIRST let me say I am angered by all of this as much as everyone else, but that is actually tempered by the lack of a person or group to be angry at.  I do not know why it makes a difference if it is domestic or international or if it is political or ideological.  My first reaction was I hope it is not an anti-gun control type.  My second reaction was how is the government going to turn this against us.  Now I have pushed past the paranoia and conspiracy theories (that are forming in my mind) and into how do we turn this into training or a mental exercise?

My list looks like this:
Pray for the country and all in her no matter Race religion or political affiliation.
Review family crown plans.
   Exit strategies
   Meeting points
   Communication
   Threat levels and security awareness
Use the stories of crowd reaction as a training tool for the family as to what to do if something goes sideways and you are not at home.

Help me out here I need to get something good from this, stupidity.   :'(

M.B. Sorry if I stool your topic for next week's podcast.  I should add that sadly I am a week behind in listening.

tombogan03884

Re: What can we learn from Boston??
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
If you're in a marathon either run REALLY fast, or really slow.
But stay out of the pack.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »
Don't run, drive.  ;D 

But seriously... Be situationally aware and don't be afraid to say something if you see "furtive action".  Avoid gun free zones.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 07:43:34 PM »
I wonder if the Israelis have guidelines for  for this. 

This type of attack has been part of their  daily life for a long time.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 08:27:52 PM »
Lesson learned ?
"Sniffer" dogs need to be on constant patrol to be effective .
A one time sweep before hand creates a false sense of security .
In this case the bomber got around that by waiting until the race was well underway before planting the bombs.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:45:00 PM »

MikeW

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 01:08:51 AM »
Lessons learned?

1.  Reminder to the Sheep:  Evil lurks among us, so cut the Sheepdogs some slack;
2.  "Risk-based security" is a fraud, no matter what Janet Napolitano says;
3.  The only security you can count on is the security you provide for yourself . . . and even that offers no guarantees;
4.  There are heroes among us. Thank you Sheepdogs!
5.  We have opened a new chapter in domestic terrorism. Keep your head on a swivel and stay alert, because there will be more.

V/R
Mike

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 10:27:29 AM »
Lesson 1 is that there is no decent source for news left.  I used to think I could average enough reports to get a sense of things, not any more. The "be first to be a star" speculation idiots have taken over all of them. There will be nothing publicized that does not have an agenda or fit the narrative. Lack of information sources means higher risk for those of us trying to pay attention.

Lesson 2 is the sheep have outsourced all personal responsibility to government and will tolerate and celebrate military style intervention on any pretext. Nothing against the responders as I have been one most of my life, but tanks driving down my street to find these little piss ants seems a misapplication of overwhelming force. Unanticipated Fear makes people behave stupid.

Lesson 3 I suspect that something has changed since the Bush years as we heard of several vague references to similar threats foiled by LE during his reign. Now we seem to have decided to take a reactive approach which means more innocents will get killed while LE ramps up to speed with too little too late.

This frog thinks the water in this pot is getting too hot too fast!
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
One thing to note about the increased success of terrorists is that it could lead to a "need" to declare martial law.

All kinds of unpleasant things might be allowed under that umbrella, so maybe there is a planned use for all the ammunition the government has been purchasing of late.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »
What we see before us is greater than the FBI, ATF and DHS. It is a force of those plus, state and local police forces, fire departments and national guard augmentation with all the weaponry and gadgets they can bring to bear. Plus they have the president, governors and mayors with their authorities at their disposal. We just saw a glimpse of what they all can do under the rubric of terrorism and the Patriot Act. Think about it; they were amassed and what you were allowed to see was their fat a$$es as they kept your eyes away from the scene while running up your tax burden.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »
You ALL miss the most important point.They had all the citizens stay home or indoors, they had every cop in Boston and surrounding communities, Every Mass State cop,The Mass NG, Local and State police and NG forces from surrounding States, all the alphabet feds, ATF, FBI, probably even CIA when they were ID'ed as Chechen's.
They had APC's, and Hummers, cars, and vans, and aircraft .
All this force, and manpower, and technical assets spent about 20 hrs scouring a 20 block radius and they found,
SQUAT, diddly, nothing.
It was 1 observant citizen going for a butt after the "Forces of Light and Goodness" had given up, who noticed a blood trail heading toward his boat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk