Author Topic: Gabe Suarez Newsletter -- The Knife in Counter Terrorism  (Read 11175 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Gabe Suarez Newsletter -- The Knife in Counter Terrorism
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 09:54:25 PM »
Gee that sucks.  Automatic knives are a no-no here too...but the worst that happens is that the cop takes them home with him and you have to buy another.

Same way for double edges in Michigan????
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 10:25:25 PM »
Gee that sucks.  Automatic knives are a no-no here too...but the worst that happens is that the cop takes them home with him and you have to buy another.

Same way for double edges in Michigan????

I believe a double edge knife is considered a concealed weapon and you can't get a permit for one. I wouldn't want to get caught with one anyway. As far as longer than 3" blades are concerned they made me destroy my 4" knife on the spot when I was caught carrying one. I've had another knife get confiscated that I don't think ever got turned in when I was a kid. Switchblades are only legal if you only have one hand. I don't know what would happen if I was caught with one. I think they'd just keep it for themselves. You can get a permit to carry a concealed pistol but not a decent size knife.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 07:30:52 AM »
How about swords?  Can you have those?  Kitchen knives (ok, being a smart ass here)?

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 07:32:45 PM »
just looked at this forum...for a neck knife with a "friendly" profile, you might look at the ESEE Izula....

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 06:02:01 AM »
I finally got back to this thread and no picture.  Les, what knife was in the picture?

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:55:02 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »
I finally got back to this thread and no picture.  Les, what knife was in the picture?

https://eseeknives.com/knives/esee-knives/izula/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 01:07:11 AM »
I have an Izula. Not a poor choice for a neck knife. Don’t use with a finger in the hole, this isn’t a skinning knife.
If you want to carry a longer knife ‘upstairs’, know that you can get a shoulder holster/sheath system. The Mercharness allows most sheaths designed for neck use to be mounted in your armpit.  I’ve used one to carry a heavy Krein fixed blade, but found it more comfortable with something on the opposite side as a counterweight.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 06:40:05 AM »
Thanks Peg!  Now I see.  8)

Overload...buddy...good to see you back on the forum.  I was totally unaware of this carry system.  That's really cool.  You've just opened up a whole new training routine when I saw that. 

I wonder what Michael Janich can add to this for training? 

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 12:20:04 AM »

I wonder what Michael Janich can add to this for training?

I assume a Spyderco FP09GP2 Ronin 2.
There’s a folder too, the C85GP Yojimbo 2.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 09:51:08 AM »
I was not clear as I read back...I was more interested in what kind of training for the Mercharness system you mentioned.  I had never seen nor considered such a system with an inverted knife.  But I like it...I think!

Also, where do you guys go to get the best price online for buying knives?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk