Author Topic: Microtech Jagdkommando Knife  (Read 2235 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Microtech Jagdkommando Knife
« on: November 22, 2020, 12:44:34 AM »
I recently came across a picture of the Microtech Jagdkommando knife after not seeing them for years. Jagdkommando, German for Hunting Commando (mountain hunter according to Microtech) is the name of the Austrian Armed Forces' Special Operations group. This knife is guaranteed to deflate your enemy, maybe his tires and boat too. It's made from a solid billet of 6AL-4V Titanium and the sheath is hard-coated 6061 aluminum alloy. The hollow handle and sheath are both watertight and the total weight is 17 ounces. Blade steel for 2020 will be Carpenter CTS 204 P/Carpenter XHP/Bohler M390/Bohler ELMAX, or whatever. They don't know.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Microtech Jagdkommando Knife
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 12:50:36 AM »
Here are some pics that the online seller said were made of steel with aluminum handles, but if they're made from one solid piece of metal... ??? I think they're all steel. The sheaths are aluminum. 
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 12:57:53 AM »
I forgot to mention that the rectangle on the end of the handle is supposed to be a glass breaker. It would also be good for applying a painful amount of pressure to someone who's just asking for it. Here's a knife that was advertised as being stainless steel. And this is what the Austrian Jagdkommando logo looks like. The spiral blade is supposed to inflict the highest amount of internal damage possible when you stab someone with it.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:16:59 AM »
So who is your preferred provider for this knife? 

I checked that Sunny Sports you referenced on the thread about the Gerber but nada. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 07:40:55 AM »
Cool looking waste of money unless you're into "Art" knives.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:40:14 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 06:16:29 AM »
I don't have a preferred dealer for any type of knife. I just get what I see wherever I see it, unless I can find it cheaper elsewhere. It's an interesting knife but I put it in that class of knives that look cool but I have no practical use for and never bought one. I think a Case V-42 stiletto would be a much better knife to carry for the same purpose. You can draw and use it without having to unscrew it from the sheath. I see a few places selling them for $479.99 or more, but even at $584.99 Case is out of the V-42 Military Commemorative Knife. They have a box to put one in, but not the knife which you'd have to find elsewhere.

https://caseknives.com/products/v-42-military-knife

https://caseknives.com/products/v-42-commemorative-wooden-box-knife-not-included

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 06:23:53 AM »
The Mil-Tac MTD-1 is a cheaper alternative to the V-42 that looks good too, but even at $100 over list price some places sold out of them too. I forgot to put the Wikipedia link for the V-42 in the last post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-42_stiletto

http://store.mil-tac.com/mtd-1daggerknifeblack.aspx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk