34 (44.7%)
Yes -- 2 reloads
14 (18.4%)
Yes -- 3 reloads
0 (0%)
Yes -- more then 3
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Poll -- How much ammo do you carry for your CCW?  (Read 12737 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Poll -- How much ammo do you carry for your CCW?
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »
. Or a knife.

now see I find a small pocket knife to be irreplacable. Hell if all you use it for is cleaning your finger nails its worth hacing around.  Something in the 2.5" range is more then enough.  It also does not have to be expensive to be good.  There is not a day goes buy I don't use mine.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 08:47:53 AM »
now see I find a small pocket knife to be irreplacable. Hell if all you use it for is cleaning your finger nails its worth hacing around.  Something in the 2.5" range is more then enough.  It also does not have to be expensive to be good.  There is not a day goes buy I don't use mine.

Swiss Army knife, The only thing I don't use is the cork screw  ;D

TSB

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »

I still carry the same SAK that I bought back in '81.  It's been sent back for repairs at least four times and they give it back basically brand new every time.  It's been through every major airport in the country, 32 Nuclear Power stations and four DoD/DoE Nuclear sites along the way...

MikeO

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 10:15:31 AM »
Have a SAK I bought in Germany in 1978, and a Spyderco Delica I bought in Sin City in 1987. Those I have no problem carrying almost all the time...

kmbrman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 11:29:38 AM »
For my CCW gun ,I carry a 2" Taurus 357 mag snub with 2 HKS speedloaders  loaded with 125 JHP +P 38 Spec. either UMC or 125 JHP 38+P Winchester Personal Protection.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:04:35 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 12:30:45 PM »

My original Leatherman goes with me every waking hour of the day, as well as my Gerber E-Z open pocket clip knife. After 20 years, I finally broke the Phillips screwdriver on the Leatherman the other day. I've had the Gerber for a dozen years and part of the handle got broken in my bike wreck (but not enough to replace it) and I had to bend the pocket clip back in place. I consider them both valuable assets to my daily gear. I have a lot of knives, but always depend on the same old one.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

coinstar

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »
I usually 90 % of the time do not care a spare mag but when I do it because I do not have quick access to my vehicle where I care multiple types of ammo and extra mags. I know it putts at risk but I already carry a : knife, flash light , key, phone, solid  aluminum pen in pant pocked . while carrying  compact stouger cougar in 40 S&W in the small of my back.

lefty60

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 12:25:30 AM »
I carry a CW40 and at least 1 reload. A Kershaw folder (gotta clean my fingernails!), flashlight (seem to always be in a dark spot of some kind!) and a multi-tool.

So far I use everything but the pistol many times a day. ;D

If I'm lucky I will never NEED to use the pistol! :P

sig232

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 03:11:27 PM »
I will normally carry two magazines. One in the weapon and one in my pocket.

If I am wandering around in the woods I may carry 30 to 45 rounds total if packing my 9 mm or 357sig. Less if I have my 45 acp.
NRA - Patron Member
Patriot Guard Member
Harley Softail Owner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk