Author Topic: Dolling Up A Plain Jane Bushy  (Read 3392 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Dolling Up A Plain Jane Bushy
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:19:12 AM »
I've always liked my Bushmasters. They're good, solid, dependable AR's for the buck. Mine were all purchased back when Richard Dyke owned the company, before the Cerberus buy out. I really like my plain Jane M-4 A-1 model. A while back I decided to make some improvements to it to make it shoot and look even better. Nothing groundbreaking mind you. I started with replacing the stock and forend. I went with a Vltor E-Mod Stock that gave me a more comfortable cheek weld, and about an inch more length of pull for my long arms, and a Midwest Industries 4-Rail Forend.

I then added a Ergo Deluxe Tactical pistol grip. They have a nice "grippy" feel to them, along with a fat palm swell that feels a lot better than the skinny, standard grip. I also added a Ares Armor M-16 Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Group. I couldn't pass up the price, (just $99.99 delivered to my door). The magazine is a standard Mag-Pul P-Mag I dolled up with a magazine wrap from U.S. Night Vision. They really look nice, and come in a bunch of different themes. They just peel and stick. You have to work them into the nooks and crannies with a heat gun or hair dryer. It's really easy, and give the gun a more personal look. The last thing I added was a UTG all aluminum retractable fore grip, and a BCM Large Latch Gunfighter Charge Handle.

Anyway it just shows what you can do without spending a ton of money to personalize a rather common gun into something that sets it apart from every other one you see out there. It's the second one from the right in the bottom photo. Which is what it looked like as I took it from the box.

Timothy

Re: Dolling Up A Plain Jane Bushy
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 12:24:19 PM »
I was a bit hesitant to click on the topic, Bill!

Plain Jane Bushy brings up all kinds of memories of my man whoring days in the 70-80's...  Phew!   8)

As to the stable of Bushys, it's a nice bunch of rifles!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Re: Dolling Up A Plain Jane Bushy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
Yeah, nice family.    I've got the plain jane A2 almost identical to yours in the middle.  Solid stock and all.  Though mine is an Eagle (one reiteration of AR).

Don't have as many as you but working on it.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk