Author Topic: DRR 415  (Read 3247 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DRR 415
« on: April 15, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »
The link to DRR isn't working. Isn't working from my e-mail either.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Re: DRR 415
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 10:13:33 AM »

clarkemyers

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DRR 415 - incrementalism
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with Mr. Bane on the Colorado laws. That said I think the discussion that begins episode 415 omitted (1) a background mention that should have been said (2) in that connection IMHO a distinction that might have been mentioned as part of the argument for taking what we can get and asking for more.

(1) During the run up to the original legislation IIRC Mr. Bane was asked personally about a compromise by our side on the magazine capacity and IIRC said no compromise - the number mentioned by the gun grabbers was said to be a 50 cartridge capacity which would have saved folks a lot of trips to Wyoming ;) .

Given a high enough cartridge capacity law it would still be possible to buy from internet vendors who refuse to accommodate Colorado buyers.

This past no compromise should I think have been raised and addressed.

Because (2) I think the idea is that when the movement is against us the response is no way - we've been fooled before and nothing satisfies the gun grabbers so that's what our side offers nothing.

But as here when the movement is in the right direction then our side will follow an incremental strategy when it gets us something. That is not say a strategy of trade-offs but rather that a strategy something is better than nothing and we'll be back for more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk