Author Topic: So Much For Auto Drives On Reloading Presses  (Read 12038 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: So Much For Auto Drives On Reloading Presses
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 01:51:24 PM »
Was the faintness caused by the unexpected sudden, and possibly excessive, volume loss from the lower bowel area?

Actually it was pain.  Wounds were in my right hand and I got the embedded pieces out of my palm, but I was not coordinated enough to get the piece out from under the skin on my right index finger with my left  hand...

I am fairly tolerant of pain, have had root canal dentistry without pain killers,  but was disoriented..not sure what to do.

Went to hospital and had to convince the emergency room doctor that being injured reloading was not a firearms injury and the police didn't  need to be called.

Sent me to x-ray and were gonna work on removing the bits.  Gave me a local anesthetic, looked some more and decided they needed more x-rays.   

Got back and anesthetic had worn off, but I told them I was find...just wanted to get out there.

They went up with tweezers to get the pieces out from between the skin and bone and then stuffed some gauze up in the space and taped it all up and went me home.

Never even twitched my finger.  I am good an enduring pain...been married twice....  :D   
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So Much For Auto Drives On Reloading Presses
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »
I don't recall any serious injury from reloading, I tend to actively forget injuries for my wife's sake.  But I do recall trying to prime a 45ACP small primer case with a large primer on my Lyman Turret, almost got it seated before it went BANG!  Took a break for an hour then proceeded to reload, after sorting out small primer brass and developing a "feel" for small primers-which has paid off now that I've stepped up to a Dillon 550.  ;)
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk