Author Topic: Down Range Radio #464  (Read 3981 times)

mcekim

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Down Range Radio #464
« on: March 30, 2016, 07:33:25 PM »
I listened to the latest podcast on Stitcher during lunch today.  Michael was right... I probably WOULD kill to sit in on the Gun Stories interviews!  I learned about Stephen Hunter originally on Gun Stories and have since read approximately 10 of his books.  These were the first sub-genre -- if you will -- of 'firearm-centric' fiction books that I had read.  He writes great fiction, so it's not all about the guns but he obviously knows his stuff.  I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here.

I can't remember how I heard about Larry Correia -- probably on Michael's podcast!  I'm a big Sci-Fi and somewhat of a Fantasy fan and have read all of the Monster Hunter Series -- and looking forward to at least one new book this year!  The Grimnoir Chronicles books are great reading, as well.  To be a fly on the wall during these interviews would be an awesome experience.  Except for the being-a-fly part.  I'm looking forward to Larry being involved with with Gun Stories and possibly Shooting Gallery.  He's very knowledgeable and I'd bet he has a great sense of humor, having read his books.

I apologize for the mental meanderings but there is such diverse culture and so many interesting people in the gun community!  Cool stuff!

Besides, it helps to keep my mind off the gawd-awful presidential race...  :o

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: Down Range Radio #464
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »
I really mean it that i wish everybody could be there..the gun culture is so diverse, and the people so fascinating you guys would love it.

Definitely expect to see Larry Correia on SHOOTING GALLERY. Also, Steve had a GREAT idea for some DRTV content. That's on my list to pull off this year as well.

I always feel half of my job is to introduce you guys to the people who share our culture!!!

Michael B

PS: MICHAEL BUYS THE BEER in Louisville Saturday night! Send a self addressed envelope to Flying Dragon Ltd., P.O. Box 153, Masonville CO 80541 and we'll send you back a wristband!!!!!!

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

chrisamim

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 05:19:35 PM »

Hi Michael.  Just listened to your podcast.  Many years ago I had Robar take my Glock 17, do a grip reduction (smaller diameter), stipple and shorten it to a G19 length grip.  I've small hands, it carries and shoots nicely ever since.  Think you'll like your cut-down to a G26.
cam

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 06:43:36 PM »
Cool! Will you be in Louisville?

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

chrisamim

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 09:41:06 PM »

Who, me?  Nah, too far to travel.  May attend the simulated mass casualties event tho.  I'll be the old guy carrying an oxygen tank around.  (looks just like a bomb!)
cam

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:06:42 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk