Author Topic: MyOutdoorTV  (Read 4005 times)

whybnormal

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
MyOutdoorTV
« on: December 29, 2016, 12:46:37 PM »
Michael and Marshal,

I am a listener of the Down Range Radio podcast and began a subscription to MyOutdoorTV when it became available several months ago.  Since dropping cable over a year ago, I was looking forward to catching up on the current Shooting Gallery, Gun Stories and The Best Defense programs.

I don’t know how much control you both have regarding how your programming is released, but as a consumer, I would like to explain why I have decided to cancel my MOTV subscription.

1.   Cost – The current price of $9.99 per month is too high for archived previous season content that is more than year old.  The current content delivery model may serve as a supplement to the cable broadcast channel but cannot replace it.  For the current subscription rate, I would expect current content to be released at the same time as it appears on the cable channel. (Think HBO Go.)  At the very least, programming should be released as soon as the programming season concludes.  For the current "previous seasons" content, I would expect to pay $2.99 - $4.99 a month, and free access to cable subscribers.

2.   Viewing options – Viewing content on my PC or tablet rather than my television is a serious convenience issue.  A ROKU app is a necessity.

With that said, MyOutdoorTV has high potential and I applaud your efforts, especially with additions like Shooting Gallery Online.  With the future addition of a ROKU app and a rebalancing of cost and/or content availability, I look forward to returning as a subscriber.

Kindest regards,

Bill W.

uncle jed

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: MyOutdoorTV
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »
I know this is an older post, but I have also been wondering when newer content will be made available. Although I am not ready to cancel my subscription, I am a little disappointed in the lack of more up to date content - in particular the Mass Casualty episode.

When I signed up, I was expecting only a few days between the show being aired and then being offered online. I was thinking more similar to the WB, Hulu, or Netflix - each of those are much less expensive.

Plus, I have to agree that only being able to watch on my phone or computer is a bit of a pain; it would be nice to sit back with a beer and watch the shows on the flat screen instead of hunkering over my phone.

I'm glad I can now watch the shooting shows on-line, but when do you expect to have an xbox app and get more  up to date content.

hollandm

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: MyOutdoorTV
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 07:10:09 PM »
I just switched cable providers and lost Outdoor Channel.  If My Outdoor had current content I would subscribe.  I listen to the podcast at the gym so don't need video.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk