Author Topic: A Pair Of New Beretta Model 92-FS Compacts  (Read 2076 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
A Pair Of New Beretta Model 92-FS Compacts
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »
I found a good deal on a Beretta 92-FS Compact from Gunprime, so I ordered a pair of them. They shipped out quickly, and my FFL got them in just a couple of days. I've been looking for a 92 Compact for a while. But most of the places around here were either out of stock, or else they flat out wanted too much. I got these for $428.99 each, brand new in the box. A hell of a deal.

They shipped with 2, 13 round magazines, and are Italian made guns. I replaced the plastic grips with the factory Beretta Walnut grips that I picked up from Gnarly Gorilla.

The Walnut grips really richen up the looks of these Beretta's. I also got a few of the X-Grip Magazine Adapters from Greg Cote. They allow the use of the full size 15 and 17 round magazines in the compact's without sticking out of the bottom of the gun. And they're not much longer than the 13 round magazines supplied with the pinky rest. Now both my wife and I will each have our own. So all in all it was a good day.

These are some pictures of them as they came from the factory. And with the Walnut grips and magazine adapters installed.

https://gunprime.com/product/beretta-92fs-compact-92-fs-js92f850m/

https://gnarlygorilla.com/beretta-factory-replacement-part-beretta-92-96-compact-wood-grips-drop-in-replacement-walnut/

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/xgrip-adapter-by-fdi-c-142/xgrip-beretta-92fs-compact-xgrip-xgbr92c-p-1555.html

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: A Pair Of New Beretta Model 92-FS Compacts
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 02:54:34 PM »
Dadgummit Bill.  Now you got me wanting one of these things I'll probably never carry...but you never know.  That stainless compact Inox is something to stare at...and you can get a threaded barrel for it too.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-compact-with-rail-inox/
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 07:31:11 AM »
The thing is, these guns are not really that "compact". They're not much smaller than the full size Model 92's. But they handle well and shoot very reliably. But they're about the size of a Glock 19. And are larger than the Glock 26. Which is a true 9 MM double stack compact. Just something to consider if you were to buy one for concealed carry.

One other thing I would mention, is they come with steel recoil spring guide rods, not plastic.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 05:55:08 AM »
As near as I can tell, the Inox frame is an alloy saving a little weight.  And, I generally carry a Ruger SR-9 (with the Ghost trigger connector) or an M&P full size so the size won't be the problem for me.  I need to check the weight out and figure out what "wardrobe option" does it complement.  I use the Ruger LC9 when I wear shorts so maybe the 92 has a place....if not I'll just have to chalk it up as another purchase I can't use....and throw it in with the rest ;)
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk