Author Topic: Pressure Washing Concrete ??  (Read 13927 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Pressure Washing Concrete ??
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 05:28:50 PM »
Just make sure can get parts for it.  The store brands can be hard to get parts cor.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 11:36:28 PM »
You're welcome Bill, and I agree with Timothy on using Sta-Bil. I used to double dose my ATV, then started using Sta-Bil and Sea Foam both at the same time. I pour it in my tank, top it off, run the engine for 5 minutes, and I'm done. No clogged fuel injectors or carburetor jets in 20 years. The same gas sits in the tank for half a year and is still good when I go riding in the spring. I only put Sea Foam in my gas, but it's supposed to work as an oil additive too.

Sta-Bil 360 has a corrosion inhibitor vapor that protects above the fuel level like nothing else does, and it's still good for up to a year. Regular Sta-Bil is good for up to 2 years but only protects where the fuel is in contact. Using plain Sta-Bil my last lawn mower would always start on the first or second pull after sitting half a year. My new one with no primer takes a little more effort.

https://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-motor-treatment/

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/sta-bil-360-performance-small-engine-formula/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 03:37:25 AM »
I'll be sure to pick up a bottle of it. Looks like good stuff. Back when I had my boat I always used regular Sta-Bil and never had any fuel related issues. It's a good product.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 06:31:43 AM »
I found this one. It's on sale for $100.00 less than the similar one I linked to.  ($299.00 compared to $399.00. And it has 100 PSI more, (3,200 PSI as opposed to 3,100 PSI), plus it's got electric start. It's not in stock at any of the Home Depot stores by me. But they offer free delivery by April 10th. Some kind of, "Spring Black Friday" type of deal.

And it's only 17.5" wide, compared to the other $399.00 model, which is 24.5" wide. So it would be easier to store. The only thing I'm not liking is the engine is not a Honda, but rather appears to be manufactured by Ryobi. I'm thinking the Honda engine might be worth an extra C-Note.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-3-200-PSI-2-5-GPM-ONE-Electric-Start-Gas-Pressure-Washer-RY803111/206542711

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 08:36:57 AM »
Have you looked at the Generac models?  They get great reviews and you have a large service side that doesn't strap you to the big box store from hell!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:33:44 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »
Well I pretty much researched this whole thing to death, and ended up with this model I bought this morning from Lowes.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SIMPSON-PowerShot-3300-PSI-2-5-GPM-Cold-Water-Gas-Pressure-Washer-CARB/1000151725

It was $100.00 more, but it's more of a commercial unit then the Ryobi model from Home Depot. It's got a 6.5 H.P. Kohler engine along with a triplex pump, nice pneumatic tires, and delivers a full 3,300 PSI. It came fully assembled except for installing the handle, and connecting the wand with all the hoses. I know Kohler engines are good products, and parts are readily available.

It's all ready to go, so tomorrow I'll get a gallon of fresh gas, hook up all the hoses, and give it hell. I also bought the 15" EZ-Clean head from Home Depot. I'll see how that works. It just snaps on to the end of the wand like the other assorted nozzles the unit came with. I also bought one of those rotating, "Turbo Nozzles". They're supposed to work really well for cleaning concrete, and getting into tight, irregular places that I can't reach with the big head.

So it turned out to be an expensive Sunday. But if this thing works like I'm hoping it will, it will have been money well spent. I also bought pump oil, engine oil, Sta-Bil Storage, Sta-Bil 360, and, "Ethanol Shield" fuel additive, per the manual. It probably does the same thing as the Sta-Bil 360, but now I have every fuel additive known to mankind! So after all this I damn well better end up with the cleanest driveway on the block!

Timothy

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 04:19:13 PM »
Looks like a great choice!

Don’t lend that rig to anybody.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
Looks like a great choice!

Don’t lend that rig to anybody.

No, that is not something you want to lend to anyone. Running the pump without an adequate water supply running to it will cause the pump to self destruct in almost no time.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
Here is the Turbo Nozzle slicing through a wooden pallet. They don't say what PSI they're running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8jr-CL69A

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »
It looks very similar to the one I have and I bet you will love it.  You can break the seal on your tires with this one and if it get's behind paint on your car...it's gone.  I perused the use guide on the link you provided and the unit requires a minimum of 5 gallons per minute at 20 psig to operate properly. 

You can ruin a good unit very quickly by starving the suction side of the pump.  These units are very robust and powerful but that power comes at a cost if minimum parameters are broen.  Make certain you are able to supply the required water supply or the unit can be ruined very quickly. 

I ended up having to go to Tractor Supply to find a sufficient diameter hose to supply water.  Check the fittings with your fingers for inner diameter...you don't want a 3/4" hose with a 3/8" inner diameter connection that works against you.  See how longs it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket to know if you are good.  I've put a lot of time behind pressure washers in the past so I have a feel for when I'm starving one and tearing it up...because starving them will tear them up surprisingly fast.

I was able to get by with 4-3/4 gallons a minute at 15 psig with mine.  I suspect my unit will be damaged if the flow drops to 4 GPM or 15 psig. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk