Author Topic: Mark that off the bucket list (DQ)  (Read 884 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Mark that off the bucket list (DQ)
« on: September 18, 2021, 12:10:25 PM »
Yep, got DQ'd Thursday night.

Nothing serious.  In fact I called it on myself.  RO didn't see it.  He was really, really focused on "the gun" as he should be, but I mean really intensely.

Here's the deal.   Indoor league and two things you can't do.  Shoot the ceiling or the side walls.   Now normally the stages are setup (this was IDPA) if you shoot from the designated cover, this isn't a problem.  It's when you decide to take makeup shots on your way from one spot to another.  And that's what I did.  My shot landed pretty close to the line but still I shouldn't have taken the shot. 

Now I know, unless someone yells STOP, you just keep shooting and I did that.  After Unload....Holster I told the RO what had happened.  One shooter agreed and and two others said that no I had put it into the back stop.   I told the RO, I thought I did and I would take the DQ.  It's good reminder to everyone not to do that.  Also I wasn't feeling all "put together" anyway and this was a good excuse to stop for the night.   As I was leaving one of my buddies came to me and asked if was alright.  He said he noticed I seemed to be off and my gun handling was just a little sloppy.  (Truth be told he was happy I was packing it in for the night.) Remember I said the RO was intensely focused on the gun.  I bet this is why.

So all's well that end well.  Better do this at an indoor league than at the GA State match next weekend.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

Re: Mark that off the bucket list (DQ)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 12:36:06 PM »
Better there with your buds than a big match like Sig.    ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 04:46:27 PM »
Forgot the proof from Practiscore.   GA Firing Line IDPA 2021-09-16

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 09:07:37 PM »
Good call. 

Class act.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk