Author Topic: THANK YOU VETERANS!!  (Read 1696 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
THANK YOU VETERANS!!
« on: November 11, 2018, 12:46:25 PM »
To ALL who served in the various branches, stateside or around the globe, in heat, cold, sand, jungle, sea or air (and everywhere in between)......you answered a call to serve and gave up a part of yourselves for this nation and its citizens....... To you I say: THANK YOU!!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

Re: THANK YOU VETERANS!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 03:13:04 PM »
It was my pleasure to protect and defend the United States of America from Key West hippies, Scandinavian beauties and No. California stoners!

Oh, yeah and those pesky commie submarines!

Fair winds and my best wishes to all my Veteran brothers!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »
You're welcome. I was never in a hot war, just the Cold War. When I was in West Germany the commies were in East Germany and we had nukes pointed at each other with fingers hovering over the buttons. It wasn't all fun and games, but doesn't compare to what combat veterans had to deal with and I thank them all. It's the land of the free because of the brave.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »
Exactly, Jumbo. 

Was in the same place, Jun 1965 to Jun 1968.

And I was not compelled to volunteer out of any feeling of duty but, rather, to do what I thought was the path I wanted to take.  Service to my country, not because I had to or felt obligated to, but because it was what I wanted to do.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
I was 17 years old, nearing high school graduation, and it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time.  My parents weren't happy about it but signed the paperwork allowing me to enlist as a minor. I signed up for the Delayed Entry Program and was technically in the army but just hung around until they were ready for me. About 6 weeks after I turned 18 I started basic training, 4 1/2 months after I signed up.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:24:47 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 07:08:15 PM »
Like Frank, with two brothers on active duty Navy, old man with a Victory Medal and three Purple Hearts it seemed like the right thing to do!

February 75, delayed entry reserves, boot in September and four years active and another 19 months reserve afterward.

Should have stayed, I was good at the job!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 07:12:09 PM »
I was honored to serve with the best Morse intercept operators, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and Korean linguists in the  Air Force...

HAM operators, eat your hearts out... this was MINE, ALL MINE

http://www.ftva.org/heritage/anflr9/Clark.jpg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »
Did anyone celebrate Armistice Day by killing a German beer?

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 10:03:02 AM »
I was honored to serve with the best Morse intercept operators, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and Korean linguists in the  Air Force...

HAM operators, eat your hearts out... this was MINE, ALL MINE

http://www.ftva.org/heritage/anflr9/Clark.jpg

WOW!!  Les.  How big is your lot?    ;D ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 04:00:53 PM »
the AN/FLR-9 antenna in the picture was turned into a fabric covered International Trade Zone at Clark AFB, Philippines after the US evacuated after Mount Pinatubo erupted

IIRC it was over 400m across.... for receiving HF Morse and VHF voice communications

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk