Author Topic: LCP or other .380?  (Read 18302 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: LCP or other .380?
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2019, 08:16:12 PM »
I bought the TANDEMKROSS Toolless Takedown Pin and after I pried the stock pin out with a knife I slide the new pin in with the dimple on one side of the slot facing up. My fingernails are too fragile to use as screwdrivers but a dime fits in the slot. I sometimes carry one for scope adjustments on rifles anyway, but also carry tools on me that will work, including a multi-tool and a knife with the end of one blade ground flat. I used that for carb adjustments on my scooter among other things before I got the multi-tool. When I turned the pin 180 degrees I could hear the spring click into the groove.

I couldn't take any measurements but the groove looked like it was deeper than the groove on my stock pin and about 1/3 as wide so there's not a lot of wiggle room. The head of the pin looks like it's about twice as thick as stock. The pin is much stronger than stock and locks in place a lot better too. I used my knife to pry on the pin without turning it to get the spring out of the groove and it pried the slide over until it was pressed hard against the frame. It was easy to turn the pin with a dime, then I could pull it out with a fingernail, even with my little fingers. I never had a gun I needed a knife to field strip before, and once again I don't.

I got the Hogue Handall Hybrid too. The heel of the grip extends a little further back and gives me a better grip without feeling bulky. Even with finger extensions on all of my mags I can't quite get 2 of my fat fingers all the way on the grip, so anything that helps with the grip is a big plus. I have a small bottle of Break Free CLP in my gun cleaning kit and I've been wondering: Should I use CLP on my LCP?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 09:47:10 PM »
Should I use CLP on my LCP?
Not only should you use CLP on your LCP you should do it PDQ or ASAP if you're busy.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 05:09:35 PM »
10-4.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk