Flying Dragon Productions ( Michael Bane ) > The Best Defense on My Outdoor TV

RIP

(1/3) > >>

MikeBjerum:
Rest In Peace Best Defense.

Thanks for all the great information and education Michael and crew.  The Best Defense has been a great source of information over the years.  This show will be missed by many.

PegLeg45:
Indeed so. It was a good run and I hate to see it end.
Now I have no reason to pursue the Outdoor Channel from the a la carte options on Dish.

MikeBjerum:

--- Quote from: PegLeg45 on June 07, 2019, 01:31:03 PM ---Indeed so. It was a good run and I hate to see it end.
Now I have no reason to pursue the Outdoor Channel from the a la carte options on Dish.

--- End quote ---

There are always Gun Stories and Shooting Gallery, but how much longer will Outdoor hang on to them.   Chip, chip, chip.  Once the ones they own are gone, Shooting USA had better watch their backs, because they will be next.

PegLeg45:
No disrespect to Michael and crew (as I still feel their production values set the bar), but Shooting Gallery lost something when it went to a half hour format. With commercials, it only gave MB about twenty minutes of show time and it just became....different. I still have the last season DVR'ed and have yet to even watch it.

Gun Stories is a good show (also with high production values) but after the more popular and well-known guns have been covered, then the rest are meh. I'm just being honest...... The last two seasons I watched maybe 1/3 of the episodes because some of the guns profiled just didn't interest me.

Wednesday nights was the only reason I paid the extra cost for the OC (not a high cost, but still extra) and TBD and SG were the crown jewels of the night.

Now that TBD is going away, and SG is not as it once was.....and Scouten's show has basically turned into an hour-long advertisement for run-n-gun and high dollar equipment, and I quit recording American Rifleman TV when it kept putting me to sleep in the middle of the day while trying to watch it.....there's not much reason to hang with the OC (watching the other six days of forty different versions of people shooting tame deer doesn't do anything for me).

uncle jed:
I have to agree - the only reason I have MODTV was for Best Defense, Gun Stories, and Shooting Gallery. Other wise, I don't watch much else. I really liked Dock Dogs, but I guess they don't make those any more either.

Sponsor:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version