Author Topic: Mag fed shotguns  (Read 2323 times)

tombogan03884

Mag fed shotguns
« on: July 29, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »
Any one have any experience with these AK, AR looking magazine fed shotguns ?
What did you think ?
Does the magazine get in the way ?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Mag fed shotguns
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:47:20 PM »
Every one i have ever shot felt heavy and pointed poorly( for me)

Out side of making liberals wet thier panties.  I can not see a reason to buy  one.

I
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:58:16 PM »
https://www.armscor.com/firearms/ria-imports/shotgun-series/shotguns-mag-fed-series/vrbp-100-12ga/

I have one of these (VRPB 100 in the link above) with me when I'm driving now. 

The mag is a bit difficult (maybe just different) to manipulate but it does not get in the way of operation for me.  They had a crowd on the interstate in Tulsa where I drive everyday and some guy in a dodge with a cattle or horse trailer was threatened and he drove off "hurting" three of the poor white boys who did not have enough sense to get out of the way.  Antifa had been there on Sunday before with red commie flags and AK-47's and not the first news outlet in Tulsa picked it up.  It could be me next time.

I like mine for what it is.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »
https://www.armscor.com/firearms/ria-imports/shotgun-series/shotguns-mag-fed-series/vrbp-100-12ga/

I have one of these (VRPB 100 in the link above) with me when I'm driving now. 

The mag is a bit difficult (maybe just different) to manipulate but it does not get in the way of operation for me.  They had a crowd on the interstate in Tulsa where I drive everyday and some guy in a dodge with a cattle or horse trailer was threatened and he drove off "hurting" three of the poor white boys who did not have enough sense to get out of the way.  Antifa had been there on Sunday before with red commie flags and AK-47's and not the first news outlet in Tulsa picked it up.  It could be me next time.

I like mine for what it is.

Yeah its spooky, had a group show up here to riot and had to drive the misses back and forth to work.  At one point i was rolling 7 firearms between me and in the truck.   I dont think  the misses knew how serious  i was until ahe asked me how many guns i brought. 2 pistols, snubby, the misses m1c ( for her) 2 ars and my 1187 tactical.   Thankfully, i was able to drive around them and the hospital was heavily  guarded by both leo and private security.  Its also not a target professional rioters would hit.   No one wants to be known for deatroying a chikdrens hospital.  Still getting too and from it was another story.   I would have preferred  if she called in, but i understand why she didnt.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 02:17:13 PM »
Thank's TAB.
 Sorry Rastus, but a bullpup never made the list.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:27:02 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 08:27:53 PM »
I would have liked to have had the regular AR pattern but for me getting it in and out of the car for the purpose was "no bueno".
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 10:17:58 PM »
good friend has been playing with an R&R AK Saiga that we managed to get 21 rounds into a long stick... I had to build him an aluminum feed ramp....another has one of the early Turkish AR style guns, and absolutely could not get it to run reliably (but that was about 5 years ago)... it had an 1100 style gas system that was not up to the job...the AK styles with a reasonable 12 shot or so box seem to run...we found a potentially dangerous situation as the magazine springs got near full compression with full large capacity magazines... the unique parts relationship between the end of the bolt riding in the carrier needed to be shortened so the hammer could not contact the firing pin (don't remember if we had to shorten the firing pin)before the bolt was fully into battery, as cartridge drag on the carrier would slow the bolt so that it did not have enough momentum  to move fully forward to lock into battery, but there was no out of battery safety, so pulling the trigger could potentially causing an out of battery detonation

haven't messed with the Remington/Mossberg box mag guns..... the tube magazine guns seem to work... that's what I have for the house (18" 870 with sling and light) and a 14" Shockwave 590 for a play toy

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 04:53:45 AM »
I was thinking that the Armscor VRBP-100 Rastus has would be a nice shotgun to have for a house gun since it's compact and seems to be well made. Then I found out about the IWI Tavor TS12 bullpup. Instead of a 5+1 capacity, it has a 15+1 capacity with an overall length of 28.34 inches. It only a 12+1 capacity if you're using 3" shells instead of 2 3/4" and there's a button to switch between them on the the gas system. You could also have 13+1 or 14+1 depending on what length shells you load into how many of the 3 tubes, but I would stick with 2 3/4". The 3-tube magazine isn't detachable, but if you need more than 16 rounds of 12 gauge you don't need another mag, you need a different gun IMO. Preferably something that starts with AR, AK, or M. And belt-fed would be a bonus. ;) When one magazine tube is in the feed position the other 2 can be loaded from both sides. My advice would be to make use of cover always, and do tactical reloads keeping a full mag tube in play when you can.

The ultimate in shotgun firepower AFAIK is the SRM Arms SRM 1216 with a detachable 4-tube magazine holding 16 rounds of either 2 3/4" or 3" shells. They make a version of it called the SRM 1228 that's designed to shoot Aguila mini-shells. Fire 28+1 rounds, pop in another 28 round mag and keep on going. 8) Can you imagine how long a 28-round box mag for a 12 gauge would be? That would be sure to get in the way and get damaged, but it would make for a handy monopod. :) The SRM 1216 is built with an ambidextrous receiver so you can set it up for either right or left handed use. There's even a California compliant 1216 (each tube holds less than 10 rounds so it's legal) with a magazine lock. And they have 10" and 13" NFA models listed for law enforcement, with 8 round and 12 round mags respectively.

Neither the Tavor TS12 or the SRM 1216 is cheap, but the SRM is way more expensive than the Tavor. The SRM is priced beyond what I consider reasonable when I see some of them listed for sale around $1,200-$1,300 more than a Tavor elsewhere. I haven't seen both on the same site to get a better comparison, but it's not even close. It's almost double the price. The Tavor's a heavy gun but I wouldn't be carrying it on me. I'm still thinking about getting one when I get my ATV paid off. At the rate I'm going I'll have my loan paid off a year early. I'm trying not to buy any new guns until then, just accessories.

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-ts12/

https://www.srmarms.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk