Author Topic: Military Involvement  (Read 1388 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Military Involvement
« on: May 31, 2020, 09:39:09 AM »
I have debated back and forth where to put this, and decided that this is the proper area.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/live-heavy-police-national-guard-presence-in-minneapolis-amid-extremist-riots?fbclid=IwAR1gqZyxmDvTkABGgqpYGnvODoAtFdLGXFPG_LU5ZuWD6dYua6El6sO8Eeg

I am all for taking a hard stand and putting a decisive end to the violent riots.  But, in this political climate I am scared of so easily massing a military response.  Are we getting what we are asking for and setting ourselves up for similar action when they come for us?

By the way, this isn't just a Left or Right, Black or White, Rural or Urban response.  This is an action that has been used or contemplated by all sides in all situations.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Military Involvement
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 10:58:32 AM »
I dont ike it, but in some area, i think it is necessary.

It is a slippery slope for sure.   When a protest becomes a full on riot or in this case an opportunity  to loot.  I do think we should be able to use deadly force to defend ones livelihood  from looters.

Roof top koreans proved how effective armed citz can be at protecting businesses.

I am also sad that the  so called leaders of the communities envoled in the looting are not taking a hard standagainst it. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 11:51:40 AM »
I am all for taking a hard stand and putting a decisive end to the violent riots.  But, in this political climate I am scared of so easily massing a military response.  Are we getting what we are asking for and setting ourselves up for similar action when they come for us?

I know Trump said "military", but if you notice the "police", they are equipped as military and have been since the early 90's with Clinton's emptying of military warehouses and shoving full-auto M-16s on every police force. The small ND county (ca. 2500 people) I lived in had more M-16's than officers. Every squad car had one, plus a bunch in storage.

Since then, police have been equipped by the Feds with much, much more. Bomb squads got free robots (remember how the cop-killer in Dallas a few years back got taken out? A bomb-carrying robot.). Does anyone here know that ALL bomb squad members are US Marshall special agents? That way they can be mobilized by the Feds at a moment's notice. BTW, I got this from a force captain AND a bomb squad member independently.

SWAT teams got funding for more sophisticated equipment, including breaching charges, etc. Add to that CCTV, drones, MRAPS and even the use of USAF Predators for civilian surveillance - all of which have gone unnoticed or ignored by the majority of people in this country.

The killing in Minneapolis, as abhorrent as it was, appears to have had nothing to do with race. Nothing racial was ever uttered, nor is there anything (to date) that the cop was overtly racist. Besides, if race was an issue in MN, why then did the dark-skinned muslim cop get such a light outcome after killing an unarmed white blond woman in her jammies without saying one word to her?

IMHO, this killing had more to do with an over-militiarized, under-reviewed police force that has skated after events many many times in the past. Not to mention the officer in question.

I like cops, I have known some really great police folks. I have also known a large - and growing - number of assholes with badges and guns. I'm guessing the killer in this case was one of the latter.

Send in the National Guard, take the handcuffs off - SOMEWHAT - and give them LIMITED liability for their actions. That would require effective, decent leadership, which MN does NOT have at any level these days.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 02:00:51 PM »
St pual mayor yesterday.  I can not confirm his statements, but every one they arrested is from out of state. 

Skip to 5:30.   The 1st 5 mins is liberal dribble.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 02:33:41 PM »
I know Trump said "military", but if you notice the "police", they are equipped as military and have been since the early 90's with Clinton's emptying of military warehouses and shoving full-auto M-16s on every police force. The small ND county (ca. 2500 people) I lived in had more M-16's than officers. Every squad car had one, plus a bunch in storage.

It is not Police.  It is National Guard!  Pres. DJT sent some messages to the Gov. to get it under control, and Walz drug his feet.  Trump threatened to do it himself, and then the Gov. did a full activation of the National Guard.

That photo is at Fort Snelling, on the south edge of Minneapolis, next to the Airport and Mall of America.  They rolled straight up MN-55 to Lake Street and into the middle of the battle zone.  The Precinct building that was burned to the ground is about a block east of MN-55 and E. Lake.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:08:05 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 05:27:13 PM »
Chuck, take a breath.   ;D
This ISN'T the military, it's the National Guard.
This is what they are for,putting down riots and responding to natural disasters.
Oh yeah, and helping out when the Army runs short.
Truman's "National Defense Act"  (also the actual birthday of US Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard)

Pathfinder, The intention is to change Police culture.
The enemy needs a shift from SERVE AND PROTECT to ENFORCEMENT.
Don't direct that lost tourist, arrest them for not social distancing.

But that isn't why you have these riots.
It is entirely because the Joe Biden is the Dems last hope.
This isn't protest, it is organized insurrection.
It is the leftists last gasp, I could give several historical examples like Algiers in 1961.
But we have to FIGHT BACK.
Trump beat them in the SOAP BOX  with his fantastic economy,
Trump beat them in the BALLOT BOX when impeachment failed
They only have 1 box left and if we don't beat them there we can expect a continuing guerrilla war of riots.
Just like any 3rd world shithole.
You ignored Saul Alinsky to your own regret.
You can't afford to ignore Mao, and Sun Tzu, and every other successful revolutionary of the last 200 years.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 08:04:39 AM »
It is not Police.  It is National Guard!  Pres. DJT sent some messages to the Gov. to get it under control, and Walz drug his feet.  Trump threatened to do it himself, and then the Gov. did a full activation of the National Guard.

It IS the NG (and no problems here on using them either), it WAS the police trying to protect during the initial riots. And a cop with his knee on some guy's neck, a standard police procedure in specific circumstances I am told. The training and SOP are out of hand, as Tom said, it's about enforcement now, not "serve & protect".

And it will get worse. Besides a "spike" in corona in mid-September to early October (ya know, we gotta vote by mail), there will be continued riots and who knows what else. The progs have shown themselves quite clearly to be the enemies of the American people. I just wish that had the same effect as being declared an enemy of Rome a couple thousand years ago.

And will someone PLEASE do something about the lame-stream media in this country??? They stoke the fires (our local station was doing a "report" on the protests here in Savannah (about 100 people total) and the last half of the report's spiel there was a guy behind her grinning - and flashing gang signs. The reporter stepped to the side to show the "protest" and the cameraman zoomed in on this grinning wonk!

Media lie, shade (I heard a national CBS reporter talk about riots in Ferguson where "a black youth was killed by a police officer"), prevaricate, mis-represent and actively push propaganda. I for one am tired of "news" reports full of words like "might", "could", "may", "possibly", "eventually" and other words that do not report facts or information, plus the overwhelming use of "models" to "prove" points. We can't even predict where a hurricane is to make landfall since every model has it different, but we can use models to predict corona deaths. Really?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk