Author Topic: f..k thieves  (Read 3347 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: f..k thieves
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »
"Clean Diesels"... They clean you out!   ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »
Actually they have always been cleaner than gas. That black smoke cloud is particles that fall to the ground rather than the gasses that come from gas engines.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2020, 11:14:43 AM »
Spoke too the adjuster  today, they are actually going to total  it out.

I am not sure what to think.     The truck only has 28k miles on it. 

Buy it back and delete the other crap out.  You bought it that way, right?

We just got a new truck for my wife.  All DEF systems suck. 

A consideration was, for Ford, that a friend of mine had around $20k of warranty work on it when the dealer finally told him he could not idle the truck for extended periods or the warranty would be void.  He's oilfield, the truck is his office, it runs 24/7 if it needs to.  His dad was a Ford Motor Credit guy for 28 years.  He now drives a Dodge.  The Dodge people gave it to him in writing that he could idle it until he's ready to buy a new truck that they did not care and the warranty would be good. 

So..we wound up with a 1/2 ton Dodge if we need more we've a 2002 Excursion and 2006 F250 diesel without all the DEF crap on it.  And...the Dodge are really nice vehicles about $20k less than the Fords (which we have bought since the 80's). 

But...back to your issue.  Delete is the solution if you can get your old truck. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2020, 01:42:39 PM »
He will have the same issue with the dodges and a bunch of other ones.   Unless  you have the maneul regen option  and use it often, you are going to run into issues. 

Just a fyi, deleting emmisions equipment  is actually a federal felony.  Now the likely  hood of you getting prosecuted  for it is incredibly  low.... just ask my younger brother about what it can do to your life.   He was able to plead down, but still paid a 50k fine.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »
What state is your brother in?  No one get's hasseled in Oklahoma
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:57:08 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2020, 08:11:02 PM »
What state is your brother in?  No one get's hasseled in Oklahoma

He is in ca, but got cuaght street racing.   Deleting also voids your warrenty, not something i am willing to do on an 80k truck.  Unlike the older smogged diesels, the newer ones record what you are doing and will tell on you when the dealer hooks them up to the computer.     You have to reflash the computer to wipe it clean now.  Its something they lool for and voids your warrenty now unless its done at a dealership and recorded.   With 7 year 100k mile power train warranties, its not as vaible of an option as it was a few years back.   Heaven forbid you have to go thru scales and get pulled  over for inspection.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk