Author Topic: Dealer/Seller ads  (Read 1019 times)

tombogan03884

Dealer/Seller ads
« on: November 13, 2021, 12:55:30 PM »
Why is it that when you buy an item, the dealer immediately, and for months after, sends you ads for the item you just bought ?
It's not just Bear Creek, Palmetto State, and Bud's.
My daily "personalized" recommendation from Kindle today includes the 3 volume set of "Gulag Archipelago".
They added it because I bought it 3 days ago.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Dealer/Seller ads
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 01:10:01 PM »
Whats creepy like creepy Joe creepy.  Some one on the job site has thier voice listening  turned on... I know because I get ads from stuff we are just talking about.   I have double, triple and quadruple  checked its not me.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 01:26:18 PM »
Last week I wore a heavy, fleece lined shirt for the first time this season.  An hour later I got an ad for that  style of shirt.   They're watching as well as listening.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 02:56:55 PM »
Last week I wore a heavy, fleece lined shirt for the first time this season.  An hour later I got an ad for that  style of shirt.   They're watching as well as listening.

That's my point.
If they were, they would know we already had that one.
They'd tell us about the OTHER one for $20 less,    ;D

This is why I don't worry about "Govt, surveillance".
Just because they gather the information it doesn't mean any one actually looks at it.
and considering the scale they won't be able to find yours later.
Lost in the shuffle.   ;D
"They" are Govt workers after all.
If they showed any initiative they'd be in IRS.   ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 04:56:04 PM »
When I am on someone's website they have access and I get ads while I am on their website.  Other than that...not so much targeted to me.  There must be a heck of a jumbled up database on me.  Back in what....around '90 or so they started Compuserve internet service for everyone?  Anyway, all those sites asking for names, locations, birthdays, sex, etc....I used them all!  I am black, white, indian, asian and I live in New Orleans, Chicago, Houston and wherever else I could think of and keep straight.  Birthdays...heck I am simultaneously older and younger than I currently am.  So I'm hoping they don't untangle whatever switches it is that I tripped for them. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:18:16 PM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1422
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 11:26:22 AM »
I use FoxFire and DuckDuckGo to try to minimize that crap. It reduces it but does not completely get rid of it. I don't worry about it too much because if "they" want to know something, "they" will find it regardless.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 09:27:29 PM »
I don't really care, delete button isn't that hard.
I'm just pissed they aren't advertising what I'll want NEXT, not my last purchase.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk