Author Topic: Shoulder took a beating  (Read 4051 times)

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shoulder took a beating
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:59:47 PM »
Shot a full round of sporting clays with 1 1/8 oz. 12 gauge loads (Winchester 100 round value pack) from Walmart. Forgot my Weatherby Orion Sporting only weighs 7 pounds. Last 25 rounds were murder.

Just ordered 2 bags of 7/8 oz. wads from Midway along with a Pachmyr slip on recoil pad and a shooting vest.

I hope this is a start to help shoften the recoil on a full 100 round of clays.  :'(

There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Shoulder took a beating
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:51:56 PM »
I have a real light load I use for CAS, 7/8 oz of #9 shot a WAA12L wad with a 1/8 inch 20 gauge card wad in the bottom over 13.2 (Thirteen point two) grains of Red Dot, very mild load and will break clays, just have to lead them a little more. If that's too light you can up it to 14.3(fourteen point three) grains
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Anishacorn

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shoulder took a beating
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 07:14:43 AM »
I had a bad experience with my poor shoulder.  Two years ago I went skiing with my family. I was pretty good at it so I went on slightly dangerous ski lopes. There was a lot of ice, mostly only ice actually and how I like to go on at full speed I lost control and fell hard on my shoulder. I felt instant pain and my shoulder got swollen. I couldn't move it at all because when I tried it ached so hard I almost cried, it felt like stabbing wounds. I later found out I had a torn rotator cuff and got surgery for it. It took about six to nine months for it to recover completely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk