Author Topic: GSSF - GLOCK Nationals  (Read 1888 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
GSSF - GLOCK Nationals
« on: September 09, 2020, 12:47:09 PM »
Friday 9/18 back at Taladega Marksmanship Park.  This is the 28th "Nationals" and the 16th Gunny Challenge.   I think  I'll miss seeing Gunny there, but I'll be wearing my Gunny hat.  Might get a SSgt strips to go on it.

SO.  GUESS WHAT?

TMP is so neat.   I called up and have reserved my own personal golf cart for the day!!!!   How cool is that?

Yes, this is a busy month.  I'll be shooting 5 different types of competition with 5 different guns in 12 days.  11 competitions altogether in 5 weeks.  Six of them  are indoor leagues, two of which are GSSF.  I'm loving this month.

4" 686 - IPDA
5" 686 - ICORE
P320 - USPSA Indoor
G17 - GSSF
6" 929 - USPSA GA State match and Nationals
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: GSSF - GLOCK Nationals
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 08:50:51 PM »
Nice...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 07:39:13 PM »
Okay, it was nothing short of cool to have my own personal golf cart with my name on it.  (Cost $31 for the day with tags, title and tax.)

My scores were much improved from the the last Nats where I got 98.56 and 127.40.    That was a disaster where I finished in the middle of the pack.  I'm not a master, not even an expert, but I use to finish on page one in the top 30.

So I improved times and reduced penalty points.   I'm at 73.41 for Amateur Civilian and 74.48 for Competition.   Should be back on page one.

Great weather.  High reached 81 with a nice dry breeze all day.  Partially overcast.  AND DID I MENTION THE GOLF CART?

Sadly, and look I know it all volunteers, so I know they're doing their best, but they only opened 3 bays for Friday.  They'll have 8 bays on Saturday and Sunday. I waited 90 minutes for my first stage. (Breath deeply.  Focus on front sight and press trigger to the rear.  Repeat over and over.  Keep the anx and bp down.)  Fortunately that gave me priority by the time I got the the other stages.  Only 30 minutes wait on each of the others.    But did I mention the Golf Cart?  Because the three bays were not adjacent.  Nope.  About 1/4 mile apart. 

I'm pumped about my improvement and the RiverBend (Dawsonville) match is in 3 weeks, so there's time to hone it even more.  I traditionally do better on my home range anyway.  My goal is to win Super Senior Civilian and have a score under 70.

Watched several master shooter hitting the plates  (New and Improved hexagonal plates).  One lady clean them in 1.89 seconds.  She was consistently under 2.5 for almost all her runs.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 09:18:50 AM »
I think my film got exposed...  or something.  My golf cart picture didn't come out  (I can't find it) but for what they're worth.  These are the new "look and feel" of GSSF with their red banners and hexagonal plates.
Will work for ammo

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 09:56:16 AM »
Alf, having been using a golf cart since 2011 at our state SASS championship,I can attest to the energy savings, I don't know how far it is between stage 1 and 10, but I would guess at least a 1/2 mile maybe more.Having to walk that distance and more, looking at the vendors,visiting with friends and hauling a gun cart without the golf cart,I wouldn't be able to finish the next day. They are a great thing to have available. I have a friend with RA in his feet and ankles and we split the cost so it isn't that bad.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:25:15 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 12:31:50 PM »
Sadly, I didn't do quite as good as I had thought.   I knew I had a score sheet problem.   Myself, the sign-in host, and the scorekeeper all missed this problem.  It wasn't until I finished the last string of fire did I realize what had happened.  I elected not to hang around and try to fix it but just let the GSSF folks iron it out.  Cost me 10 seconds. 

Good news is I'm still on Page 1  27/178.   Bad news is I'm 2nd place Super Senior.  No money for me.

Attendance was obviously down.  About 2/3 of normal attendance. 
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 09:15:36 AM »
What sector of competitor was down?  Old folks, young folks,??????????

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »
I'll see if I can run the stats that detailed.

"Categories" are only applicable to the Amateur Civilian division.  i.e., Lady, Senior, Super Senior, Junior.

Here's some of the totals:

Division         2020          2019
Glock Girls       32               70
Pocket Glocks   59               85
Amateur Civi    170             237
Competition      131            195

RiverBend (Dawnsonville) is usually as big as Nats, I'll save the 2019 and report on it.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 10:35:05 AM »
By Category

2020    2019
Super Senior     34      66
Senior               74      79
Adult Female     17      36
Jr Female           1        3
Jr. Male              8        4
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »
That's what I figured....the old folks were staying home.  I am surprised, but then I'm not, that the women stayed home too. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk