Author Topic: Shoulder holsters.  (Read 827 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Shoulder holsters.
« on: March 13, 2022, 11:32:28 AM »
I have had a galco  jack ass and a Miami  classic for well n orth of a decade.   I like them both, but my new carry 1911 ( les bear heavy weight monolith, don't judge me, it followed me home... yes having s gun store that also has tons of nfa stuff 3 blocks from your house is both a curse and a blessing)  does not fit in the holsters due to the thicker frame/dust cover.   Any recommendations on where too go to find a holster that fits this gun?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Shoulder holsters.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:09:34 PM »
How much does it vary from a mil-spec 1911?  Is it more than the leather will adapt (same as when they make the holster and how it changes through daily use?

If will not adapt, contact Galco for input, or go to a leather worker to make you a new holster.  I have a mix of quality of the shelf and custom made.  Both have their advantages and purpose for choosing.

Good luck!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 07:59:54 PM »
If you're looking for a rig like the Miami Classic,I think the Colt 1911 with rail would work,Contact Galco and ask.

Galco International
2019 West Quail Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
1 (800) 874-2526
Local: (623) 434-7070
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 08:14:00 PM »
i sent a message to galco before i made this thread.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 04:48:00 AM »
Galco makes excellent stuff. When I lived in Glendale I went to their plant / factory / sales office. They had samples of most everything they made right there, and you could purchase it. They even had stuff on sale at least once a week.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:17:23 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 01:31:19 PM »
I have had a galco  jack ass and a Miami  classic for well n orth of a decade.   I like them both, but my new carry 1911 ( les bear heavy weight monolith, don't judge me, it followed me home... yes having s gun store that also has tons of nfa stuff 3 blocks from your house is both a curse and a blessing)  does not fit in the holsters due to the thicker frame/dust cover.   Any recommendations on where too go to find a holster that fits this gun?

My Dad used to make holsters.
put the gun in a plastic bag, soak hell out of the holster then force the gun into the holster and let it dry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk