Author Topic: S&W FPC folding 9mm carbine  (Read 1853 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: S&W FPC folding 9mm carbine
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2023, 07:57:08 PM »
Alf... I also picked up one of the Ruger PC9s with the Magpul stock that houses the take down barrel... I added a Volquartsen trigger and that made a great difference...I thought I'd try PCCI but until I get some the 5K primers back that I loaned out, probably not this year. I'm still plodding along in RFRO and RFPO for Steel Challenge...if the Board of Directors ever decides to remove Outer Limits from the courses of fire, I may have a chance to move on, but at the time I think I'm shooting about as good as I ever will... regards Les

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2023, 07:35:39 AM »
Les, I did the trigger upgrade I think you recommended a while back.  I also did about three other things, extractor, charging handle and something else.  It runs really slick.  At the World shoot with no practice in the last 5 months, I qualified for "B" class, which is a big deal for me.   I used Xtreme 147gr plated over 3.0 of Clean Shot at 1.135" COAL and it was like butter.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2023, 10:17:07 PM »
Alf... I had a couple of friends at the World Shoot, sorry I didn't hit on your name when I was checking for their scores... it is amazing to me that the PCCO shooters locally can run with most of the RFRO.. at least those that are mere mortals... how can you shoot 31 runs of 5 shots per run, in under 54 seconds... including 3 that you have to move 6'... a big tip of the hat to Kenshiro...

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2023, 11:21:39 AM »
I watched the videos over the years, so it was a bucket list item just to be there.  I did win my classification, ISR and PCCI, though there were only 1 or two others. And I earned a promotion to "B" class in PCCI.  It was amazing to watch the kids shoot.  It use to be only Smoke and Hope was <8 seconds, but now seems like all but Outer Limits are pretty close.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2023, 02:17:14 AM »
What are your thoughts on Microconversion kits?

https://caagearup.com/products/mcks-ronis/mck-micro-conversion-kit/

That is if the ATF pistol brace "rule" is overthrown, as it should be.

The MicroRoni SBRs are pretty cool if you want to go that route, but you still have a pistol length barrel, usually around 4 1/2". Steadier than a hand-held pistol but no velocity or energy gain.

I have B&T APC45 PRO dreams, and a Hi Point budget. :( :-[ The 6.8 inch barrel of the B&T would have a ballistic advantage over the 3"-5" barrels of my pistols, but it costs twice as much as I want to spend on one. The price of the gun plus the SBR tax is too much for this guy.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:44:03 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2023, 07:05:08 PM »
my interim measure till some actual measurements come out of the brace nonsense was to upgrade my console pistol... I don't shoot the G34.3 with a Briley barrel any longer, so it has been converted to a console blaster.. I sent the slide to Battle Werx to be cut for a Holosun 509c (it originally had the Trijicon RMR on it) I like the shake awake function and the solar cell feature... I already had a set of Heinie Slant Pro sights that work with the HS, just needed to trim the front of the sight to fit it in the dovetail as the dot cut was pretty close... I've had good luck with the older TLR-1 lights, so picked up a new one for the purpose...

I don't have my tinfoil beanie on yet, but I perceive an uptick in the crazies out there... I typically carry in a pair of nylon fishing short's cargo pocket, but a switch to IWB and a cover up might be in the future..

I even mounted an out of work Vortex Venom on my Mossberg Shock wave, which actually has some utility

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk