Poll

black
3 (42.9%)
flat dark earth
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 15, 2022, 07:49:00 PM

Author Topic: ar build, the hardest question...  (Read 2861 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: ar build, the hardest question...
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2022, 10:17:50 AM »
I like army green.

I was so sick of O.D. green when I got out of the army I wouldn't even buy a T-shirt, or anything else, in ANY shade of green for a long time. If green was only a fraction of the color in a camouflage pattern that was okay. U.S. Woodland camouflage was good enough to wear in a new M-65 field jacket, but I gave my O.D. green army issue field jacket to my younger brother. I like my Rhodesian Brushstroke camo shirt's pattern way better. Not being forced to wear it as a uniform doesn't hurt either. It was well over 35 years after I got that I started to like army green and I just recently started buying it. Some people never get over hating it.

For a few years I've been looking at Robinson Armament XCR rifles I'll never own, but if I did buy one I'd order it in O.D. Green. Every so often, maybe once a month they'll offer a few rifles and pistols for sale to anyone on their mailing list who doesn't want to wait to have an order filled for something specific. Here's an XCR-L, Standard - M-LOK SBR, with a 9.5 inch 5.56mm 1-7 Twist Barrel with Black Cherry Cerakote. It's the first time I've seen them offer that color, or an SBR off the shelf. They also had a nice looking O.D. XCR-M Competition rifle in either 6.5 Creedmoor or .243 Winchester, I can't recall which, and some kind of pistol, a 5.56mm in FDE, maybe.

Here's something that might not look bad on an AR. It's British Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP) camouflage. I cropped then patched together a half dozen copies of the same picture until I ended up with a 1920x1080 picture to use for a background. But it was too big to post so I started cropping away until it was a little too small, and stretched it back up. Now it's only 80% of the original size but it's zoomed in a little bit. It still expands to fit my 24" screen without looking bad but I'm going to delete it anyway. I started using Bing Wallpaper and have a new picture on my desktop every day.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk