Author Topic: Marlin History - Bolt action .22lr  (Read 1581 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
Re: Marlin History - Bolt action .22lr
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2023, 08:10:00 PM »
Below are a couple of gunsmith screw sets from one of Michael's fine sponsors, Midway USA.  Midway is sure enough a supporter of the shooting sports...as I digress.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007371670?pid=454524

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007121975?pid=967567

Glad you made a deal on a trumpet that makes everyone happy.  I finally have my first grandchild who arrived this month...if he wants to play hopefully he'll be happy with my old clarinet....it's paid for!

The licorice stick! I like it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 09:09:34 AM »
Yeah and I sound just like Pete Fountain when I play it....
 ::)
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2023, 10:23:08 AM »
<Pete’s dead you know>

Got the assortment screws.  Yep the one I thought, 6-48 3/16”. Put on the bracket and the mag locks in place.  Cool.  Now added the stock and….BAM. The mag doesn’t lock in.  The mag has a little rivet that sticks out on either side,  oh, I don’t know, about 5mils.  Keeps it from seating all the way through the bottom plate on the stock.  Time for Mr. Dremel. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2023, 01:46:06 PM »
<snip>  Time for Mr. Dremel.

RUN FOR COVER ! ! ! !

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2023, 02:32:03 PM »
Since I only wanted to take a very little off. I went with Mr. Sauvé instead of Mr Dremel.  A narrow flat file and I took 20mils off each side to insure an easy time.  The notch is hardly noticeable and if anyone did I'd explain it.

It's not a rare or collectable, so for my $125 asking it's not worth adding on shipping and FFL.  A good basic iron sight shooter.  I ran 5 CBs through it to test mag feeding, extraction and ejection.  All work fine.  don't know about accuracy.   don't care.

Here's a few pictures of it finished up.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:07:24 PM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2023, 06:00:26 PM »
Good job.  I like the pics. 

However....before you hand it over to someone you should see how it groups...I'm just sayin'....

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2023, 10:45:34 PM »
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk