Author Topic: Jim Scoutten  (Read 1089 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Jim Scoutten
« on: July 21, 2023, 02:20:33 PM »
With sad hearts, Outdoor Sportsman Group announces that Jim Scoutten, co-host of the Shooting USA television program on Outdoor Channel and one of the most iconic voices in the shooting sports industry, has died at the age of 77.

“It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Jim Scoutten,” indicated the Jim Scoutten Shooting USA Facebook page.

“In his thirty years of reporting the shooting sports, Jim played a pivotal role in the industry and will be greatly missed.”

He’ll be especially missed at OSG, where he has been a fixture for many years.
------------------------------------

To the end, Scoutten remained enthusiastic and busy in his chosen career field, an inspiration and leader that was recognized by his peers and colleagues.

While the firearms industry and shooting sports world try to soak in the sad news of his passing today, it's also a great time to remember the smiling face and familiar words that Scoutten spoke into the TV cameras so often during his career:

"As always, shoot safely, shoot often, and keep 'em in the 10 ring."

Thanks for the memories Jim Scoutten, and we here at OSG will try to do just that.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/jim-scoutten-passing/478513
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Jim Scoutten
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 04:07:41 PM »
RIP JIM! 

God Bless…

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 869
Re: Jim Scoutten
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 09:50:39 PM »
Not taking away from the years of mentoring by my uncles and a few other special men, Jim Scoutten and Michael Bane are the two that moved me to the next level. Jim was a  powerhouse for the sport, and hopefully John will be able to continue in the big shoes left for him.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk