Author Topic: Spring flowers  (Read 2172 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Spring flowers
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2023, 07:56:14 AM »
They look nice.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2023, 03:42:20 AM »
Thanks. I just wish there was a way to transmit a smell facsimile, a smax, if you will. I still say they're the best roses I ever smelled. Better than perfume. The best part, besides the wonderful aroma is, once they're established, they take just about zero maintenance. I dusted them for aphids once since August, 1991, and basically ignored them the rest of the time, even when we had extended dry spells. Sometimes I cut them back in the fall, 3 feet high or so, knee high, and  many times not all. No matter what, I can count on having bunches of roses in June. When I went out to check the mail Saturday I had my nose buried in blossoms. As I quite literally took time to smell the roses, someone parked on the street 2 doors down said something about how good they looked. I have no idea who they were, but told them the same thing I tell everyone, if they want some, come on over and cut them off. I misplaced my pruning shears, so I can't cut a lot of roses off, but if I do, the more I cut, the more it forces it to bloom elsewhere.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2023, 07:20:42 AM »
On the "to do" list is to put in a rose garden.  It may never happen but it's on the list. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2023, 06:29:54 AM »
I beg your pardon... Did you promise someone a rose garden? If I dug one up and mailed it to you in the fall, it would probably grow. All I would need to do is knock most of the dirt off, but not wash it off, and you would need to dig a hole 1' wide and 1' deep to put it in. Add some halfway decent soil and water for a couple weeks and it should be good. A woman at work drove around all day with a rosebush on her towmoter in a milk jug with wet newspaper wrapped around the roots and it thrived. And I think that was in the summer when it shouldn't have been transplanted. I barely survived in the shop environment. My rosebush is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a s**t.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2023, 08:00:45 AM »
My lilies started blooming this week and my roses are completely done dropping all their petals.  I only took a couple pictures but will take more to show more flowers, maybe when I go out to mow today.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:24:53 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk