Author Topic: How to uninstall Widgets in Windows 11  (Read 542 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
How to uninstall Widgets in Windows 11
« on: December 12, 2022, 04:09:26 AM »
If have Windows 11 and you aren't using Widgets they're still running constantly in the background, using up a lot of resources. I didn't constantly need to know sports news about teams I never heard of, but couldn't convince Widgets of that, so I never use it. From my desktop at least, and soon to be gone from my laptop too. It's really easy to get rid of this bloatware, and if you miss it, it's easy to reinstall it so don't worry about it.

How to uninstall Widgets in Windows 11

To uninstall Widgets in Windows 11, follow these steps:

1.  Search for cmd in the Taskbar search box.
2.  Click the Run as administrator option.
3.  Click the Yes button.
4.  Enter this command: winget uninstall “windows web experience pack”
5. Press Y and hit the Enter button.

You can copy the command directly off this page, quotation marks included, and right click to paste it in the CMD window.
If you run the command again it will say, "No installed package matching input criteria." and you can verify that it's gone.

How to reinstall Widgets in Windows 11

To reinstall Widgets in Windows 11, follow these steps:

1.  Open Microsoft Store on your computer.
2.  Search for Windows Web Experience Pack.
3. Click the Install button.
4.  Click on the Taskbar Widgets icon.

That's all there is to it. It's so simple a senior citizen can do it. :) And here's a bonus hint. Anytime you need to run something in the Run box, you don't have to search for run. Just hit the Windows button + the letter R at the same time and the Run box pops open. I've had Run and CMD pinned to my start menu for years so I usually open Run that way. That way I have one less shortcut to remember.

""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: How to uninstall Widgets in Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 05:19:33 AM »
Cool. I got a new one to set up after Christmas which will be W11. I don’t need any extras as it will primarily be to used for Arduino and audacity
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 05:33:00 AM »
The more factory installed crap you can get out of Windows computers the better IMO. Mine both still have Xbox Game Bar installed, because it's not worth the trouble to uninstall it when I can Terminate it, and have it set in Services to Never Start. I uninstalled all related Xbox programs, but Microsoft wont let you uninstall Game Bar from the Start menu or Apps menu. The same goes for Cortana, which I never used. I removed it once using instructions I found online, but it's much easier to go to Services, kill it, and set it to never start.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:01:21 AM »
Remember if you install Windows 11 you have 10 days to revert to Windows 10. After that you are committed to 11 unless you re-os the computer.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk