Author Topic: Latest 3D printer SIEVE project  (Read 88 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Latest 3D printer SIEVE project
« on: March 23, 2024, 11:31:30 AM »
Never been happy with commercial devices to separate tumbling media.  Ground Walnut hulls in my case.  Tried the big rotary thing.  Tried the sieve top on the tumbler.  None worked to well.

Made a small square sieve and used a $2 pooper scooper which had possibilities but the small size didn't lend it's self to 300+ loads.

Made a large round one that's the size of the opening at the top of the viberator.  Works great.  Easy to pour everything into it without splashing a lot of media about.  Then rotated around a dozen times and voila all the media, and .22lr shells, are in the bowl.  Oh and I use those medical, bedside potty buckets to hold everything.  I might even use the stand rather than set it on my chair.

Being a little prideful.  I think I did good with this design.  Pretty evenly spaced.  Just right number of vertical ribs.   Kudo's to any one who can find the one thing I didn't correct.  And the two colors is because I ran out of filament and my backup roll was a different shade.  And yes the ribs stop before the top on purpose to allow future matting with a large funnel if I want.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: Latest 3D printer SIEVE project
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 02:09:53 PM »
Good design.
A few more additional steps and you'd also have the makings of a good wet tumbler barrel.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk