Member Section > Reloading

Those Pesky .22lr Brass

(1/4) > >>

alfsauve:
Doing a bunch of .38spl this morning and all of a sudden the Powder Cop screams, S-T-O-P !

Strange, I thought, I mean I have never had a powder issue since I acquired the PC.  Then I looked down in the case and there was something funny going on.

Turns out there was a .22lr brass down there.  It had been there the time before because it was all blown out to match the .357 contour.   Whomever loaded it before, and I don't think it was me, had punched through the little sucker with the de-primer pin and loaded it with the brass in the bottom.   Had to drill out the primer pocket of the .38 to push the little sucker out.  All I can say is, Powder Cops Matter.

Big Frank:
And that's why you never buy someone else's reloaded ammo. My mama said reloads are a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Rastus:
Whhaaaattttttttt?  That's scary. 

Majer:
I once bought some what was supposed to be once fired 30-30 brass. I started loading them with a starting load and on some of them the powder overflowed. I dumped the powder out of them and tried again thinking "Maybe" I double charged those cases by mistake, Nope same thing. I dumped the powder again and set then aside to check out later. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to tear them open and found that they all had .30 Carbine cases in them with the primer pockets drilled out. Now Why would someone expand the necks enough to put those cases in them and re-neck them back to spec? Everyone I showed them to were as perplexed as I was. From that point on I only bought new brass or only used my own fired brass for reloading.

TAB:
That was a kaboom waiting to happen.

Sponsor:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version