Author Topic: Vedder Holster  (Read 636 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Vedder Holster
« on: April 03, 2023, 06:34:46 PM »
So, back in December 2020 I ordered and received a kydex OWB holster for my EDC Glock. I had looked up several companies and settled on Vedder Holsters in Mount Dora, Florida. It's a family-owned and operated business and folks raved about their products and customer service.
I went with their Light Draw OWB style. Fit was excellent with adjustable tension screw. I ordered with standard belt slide loops and the extra extension loops to make it fit like a pancake holster as well.
I had no issues over the next two years and it was worn concealed practically every day (from time to time I use a DeSantis IWB).

Late February 2023 as I was putting the holster on one morning I noticed the pistol fit loosely and upon inspection I saw that the front inner crease was split top to bottom.

Vedder has a lifetime warranty so I emailed them to inquire as to a claims process. This was on a Saturday, so I didn't expect a reply until Monday at the earliest....if not later, based on the current trend in customer service.
That afternoon I got a reply email from Nicole at Vedder. She issued a return number and said just to ship it to them with a brief note of any issues or pertinent info and it would go to their production manager for repair/replacement. She said once they received it, it should take no longer than 5 business days for a repair and 10-14 days if a new one had to be issued and built.

I shipped it and was notified when they received it and also was updated several times during the process.

It couldn't be repaired so they sent me the newer version since the one I ordered had been re-designed. I don't know if the re-design during the two years after I ordered the original was due to similar failures or just for production concerns.

The new one does appear to be made of a "different" type of Kydex.
Fit of the new one and overall quality seems just as good as the first. Anything made by man is subject to failure, so I can't complain too much. Things wear out, stretch, crack and such.

Durability remains to be seen, but I will monitor and inspect even more closely than before.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk