Author Topic: Gun Safe or Gun Cabinet?  (Read 6640 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Safe or Gun Cabinet?
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 08:24:02 PM »
Before I bought my first safe, I would seperate the barrels from my shotguns, the bolts from my rifles and keep them stored apart, some in the attic and some under the bed, but any case that was opened did not have a complete firearm in it. I never felt so good as when I bought my first safe. Remember too, safes don't wear out. It only hurts once to buy quality.

" PIECE OF MIND, IS A LOVELY THING "
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 08:27:58 PM »
Safe,.... Safe......Safe,.... Check craigslist, newspaper, online, pawnshop, gunshops, flea markets, ebay, put the word out with friends to look for you. small town gunsmiths, etc,...

I'm in the same boat, and have to have one, especially after watching "IT Takes a Thief", on TV.  :o Criminals will leave an antique watch, pottery, paintings, even jewelry, if they find your "stash" of firearms. They will ALWAYS take ALL your guns!

Of course, you'll have to buy lunch for 2,3, or 4 of your friends to help move the damn thing, and if there are stairs involved, plan on adult beverages and maybe even cash,... :P

A shooting friend of mine bolted his to the floor and since were both in the boating industry, he put those prop lock nuts over the bolt heads, better than a locking lug on your car tire.

Good Luck, remember lift using the legs,.... ;)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »
Safe all the way.  And like Mac says get BIGGER than you think you need.  (ie figure what you need, double that then get the next size up.  It MIGHT last you a couple of years. ;D )
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 11:05:19 PM »
Safe all the way.  And like Mac says get BIGGER than you think you need.  (ie figure what you need, double that then get the next size up.  It MIGHT last you a couple of years. ;D )

Yup.  Bigger, no doubt.  Thought I was going too large...all the incidentals take up space.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »
Just think of SMASH AND GRAB or THIS IS GIONG TO BE A WASTE OF TIME. Gun cabinets are way to easy to get in to.
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:41:49 PM »

Wladas

• The Safe Keeper
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2023, 08:07:15 AM »
Hi, I think you should go for a gun safe rather than a gun cabinet. A gun safe is more secure, durable, and fire-resistant than a gun cabinet. A gun cabinet is more for display and aesthetics, and it can be easily broken into by a burglar or a curious kid. A gun safe will keep your firearms and valuables safe from unauthorized access, theft, or damage. A gun safe may cost more than a gun cabinet, but it is worth the investment in the long run.
Favorite Shop - The Safe Keeper - Home & Gun Safes with Nationwide Shipping

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2023, 02:45:13 PM »
Unless of course you plan, as one of my shooting buddies did, to build the cabinet into the building like a vault.  With a vault door.    I'm going over for a house warming Sunday.  Film at 11.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2023, 06:06:34 PM »
Sometimes I revive old threads, however I don't revive 15 year old necro threads to help sell products. But that's just me.  ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk