Author Topic: This girl can shoot.  (Read 2821 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This girl can shoot.
« on: April 21, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »
I guess this says a lot about the skill of this young lady and Savage rifles shooting a 75 gr. .223 in a 1 in 9" twist barrel.

http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=796
Latest News!

12-year-old Breaks Four F-Class Records With Hornady® A-MAX®

Brianna Rachinski shattered four 500 yard F-Class F/TR national records with the Hornady® 22 Cal 75 gr A-MAX™

Twelve-year-old Brianna Rachinski demonstrated skill far beyond her age when she shattered four 500 yard F-Class F/TR national records with the Hornady® 22 Cal 75 gr A-MAX® bullet during the Battle of Machias Match in Machias, Washington on August 24, 2008. Her score of 199-10x sets the standard in Open, Civilian, Woman and Junior classes.

Hornady® A-MAX® bullets feature an ultra-low drag tip and boattail to deliver consistent match grade performance. The same engineers who designed Hornady match bullets are themselves competitive shooters, with performance goals in both the design lab and on the range.

Brianna has been a junior class competitor since the age of six, and only recently found her niche in F-Class. A family of hunters and shooting enthusiasts, the Rachinskis are avid fans of Hornady bullets, using the 22 Cal 55 gr V-MAX™ and the 22 Cal 68 gr BTHP™ with great results. "We especially like the high b.c. of the 224 75 gr A-MAX®," said Brianna, "with 10-shot groupings under an inch at 200 meters."

Jeff Rachinski, Brianna's father, is equally impressed with the Hornady customer service department. "I was using a competitor's product, but was treated terribly when I called to discuss some inconsistencies I was finding in their jackets." he said. "I switched to Hornady and have never looked back. Hornady makes a great product at a reasonable price."

F-Class is considered the fastest growing long-range shooting sport in the world. Shooting from the prone position, competitors in the F/TR category can use 308 and 223 guns and their choice of scope, with a combined weight limit of 18.15 pounds. Brianna shoots a stock Savage Model 12 LRPV 9 twist 223 with a Weaver T-36 scope. Shooters may fire from a front bipod, with an optional rear support bag. Competitors in slow fire 500 yard matches shoot multiple, 20-shot strings, with a 2.5" X ring, aiming for a perfect 200 score.

Founded in 1949, Hornady Manufacturing Company, a second generation family-owned business headquartered in Grand Island, Nebraska, has become a world leader in innovative bullet, ammunition, reloading tool and accessory design and manufacture.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This girl can shoot.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:10:36 AM »
That girl CAN shoot..
Now if we can get all the girls her age to shoot like that.. Maybe the next generation coming to age will be made of some pretty tough stuff.. ;D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk